Is that a threat?

Salmon - Agree/Affirm
Bonito flakes - Disagree/deny
Kelp - Greeting
Mustard Leaf - Concern / Worry
Salmon Roe - To grab attention
Tuna - Focus
Tuna tuna - Look
Tuna mayo - Talk

------

Halloween night.

The very night Inumaki's been dreading. He's unsure what to expect but it definitely was not this. Buildings lit on fire or abolished with a few brutal attacks. Comrades scattered to their own posts. Some fighting for their lives while others are evacuating the innocent humans elsewhere.

Inumaki rapidly scans the area of the underground subway. His goal tonight is to help with evacuation. But his confidence is knocked down a few pegs when he witnesses innocents being squashed underneath rubble. He forces his eyes shut for a split moment before raising a megaphone towards his mouth after lowering his collar. With a single command of 'run', several blurs of figures run whether they are willing to or not.

A few sorcerers try their best to help evacuate the ones that can be saved under the rubble. Inumaki rushes through the crowd, running towards the opposite direction to scout out for any more innocents who have straggled behind. The further he runs down in the subway, the eerier it gets. The iron stinch of blood infiltrates his nostrils with the tinge of smoke. It's not Inumaki's first rodeo of witnessing death but it is his first to witness the large amount of loss.

His eyes widens when he witnesses a young female. She barely moves, her fingers twitching faintly. Inumaki rushes over to the girl, squatting in front of her. He's unable to say much when her eyes reach up to his. Tears fill her eyes as blood stains her face. She struggles to grab hold of something around her neck. Inumaki silently observes her, noticing a locket. Carefully, Inumaki helps her retrieve the locket around her neck.

With a weak smile, she whispers a thank you. She struggles to open the locket to which Inumaki helps her again. Her eyes gloss over and she silently cries out. Inumaki's unable to understand her incoherent sobbing before he's met with dead silence. The girl lays there lifeless, the locket slipping between her fingertips. Wide eyed, Inumaki checks the girls pulse, his fingertips pressing against her neck.

No pulse.

A chill runs down Inumaki's spine when he removes his hand from her. His eyes lowers down to the locket, peering at what the girl last seen with her last breath. Inside the locket is adorned with a photo of a boy who seems to be around their age. Beside him is the girl that lays lifeless in front of Inumaki. Inumaki clenches his jaw tightly, his teeth grinding when he puts two and two together.

The mumbling the girl uttered earlier must have been a farewell to this boy here. A boy who must've been the love of her life. Inumaki clenches onto the locket tightly in his palm. He's reminded of Y/N. What if the girl in front of him happened to be Y/N? What would he do or how will he feel the moment he's given the news that she was caught up in the horror of the Shibuya Halloween night incident?

This girl here must've been on her way to see her boyfriend. But she was a moment too late. If only she caught an earlier ride. There are so many options that float around Inumaki's mind. But one thing is for sure. She's gone and this boy in this photo has no idea. It's not the time for this thought but Inumaki prays the boyfriend may have passed away too.

Inumaki cannot imagine the pain of surviving while your other half passes away. Would he be able to live life normally after that? Or would he also choose to end it all? These dark thoughts eat at Inumaki's mind, bit by bit. He shakes his head, trying to regain focus on his mission. There's a possibility that there may be more survivors. He shouldn't idle here.

As if on queue, he's alerted through his earpiece by his group of friends. "It's clear down here at exit 1A through 5A." Panda's voice rings out in Inumaki's ear followed by Maki's and Okkotsu's. Inumaki raises his head to scan for the location he's in. 3C. He'll check through 2C and 1C before leaving his post to join the others.

Standing up on his feet, Inumaki quickly runs down the subway line. Thankfully, Inumaki doesn't find another living soul in the area. He quickly reports his status before exiting his post at the subway. Everyone should successfully be escorted to a safe area now. At least the ones in the subway. Feeling antsy, Inumaki picks up his pace as he runs through 1C towards 5C.

But he stops short where he previously was at 3C. Something forces him to stay still. A horrendous feeling of death. An energy that causes his skin to litter with goosebumps. This energy belongs to a cursed spirit way out of Inumaki's league.

The sound of a tongue clicking echoes in the dead silence. Inumaki's nostrils flare, his hands balling into fists. His fight or flight senses are numb when he locks eyes onto a man who's crouched over the girl Inumaki previously was with. A man with long blue-ish gray hair in pigtails, patchwork skin, a blue shawl with matching pants, and white shoes is all Inumaki can see. He's never seen this cursed spirit before.

The stranger turns to look at Inumaki dead on, an eerie smirk lacing the mans lips. Inumaki holds his breath, his chest tightening in an uncomfortable feeling. Inumaki's fear outrights his thoughts to run. If he were to run, this man may easily attack him from behind. Step by step, the echoing sound of the mans footsteps reaches closer to Inumaki's ears.

Neither are saying a word when the man stops short in front of Inumaki, staring at him with the same smirk that's never left. "Young love. It's such a joy. Don't you agree...Toge Inumaki?" A calming voice leaves the mans lips. One too calm for the situation that is currently happening tonight. Inumaki remains silent, unwavering from his spot. But mentally he's alarmed.

How does this man--no, cursed spirit, know who he is? Inumaki refrains from creating any facial expressions. If he were to appear afraid, this spirit will be entertained. But the cursed spirit didn't seem to care if Inumaki decides to remain silent. He carries on, slowly circling Inumaki like a predator catching it's prey.

Inumaki clenches his teeth when the man hovers behind him. He tries to calm his rapid heart and irregular breathing. Beads of sweat drips down his spine underneath his clothing. The man leans over to whisper in Inumaki's right ear with a chuckle. This cursed spirit seems to find this whole ordeal entertaining.

"Love can be full of joy but it can also be cruel. What would you do if something happened to that girlfriend of yours? What was her name again...Y/N?" The cursed spirit speaks slowly, dragging out his words to taunt Inumaki. Inumaki's calm begins to crack from the mention of Y/N. His eyes widen briefly and his muscles return. Without hesitation, Inumaki turns around to glare at the cursed spirit but the man vanishes in thin air.

Panic riddles Inumaki and his only thought now is to hurry to Y/N's side. Whoever that man is...he's dangerous. It would pain Inumaki if he returned to his group now after the exchange of words he received from the cursed spirit. Irresponsibly, Inumaki abandons his mission to hurry over to Y/N's side.