A Christmas to remember

Salmon - Agree/Affirm
Bonito flakes - Disagree/deny
Kelp - Greeting
Mustard Leaf - Concern / Worry
Salmon Roe - To grab attention
Tuna - Focus
Tuna tuna - Look
Tuna mayo - Talk

------

"Slow down Ita, the presents will still be here." You watch Itadori stuff his mouth full of white rice and fried mackerel from the breakfast set delivered by room service. The pink haired boy doesn't hear the words you say as he scarves down his food. He doesn't set his chopsticks down until every grain of rice is cleared. He then washes the food down with miso soup.

Covering his mouth, he burps before apologizing. You shake your head, returning your attention to your breakfast set that sits in front of you. Itadori scrambles off the couch to grab his gift bags. Something comes towards the corner of your eyes, catching your attention. Turning your head, you see a pair of chopsticks by your mouth with a piece of rolled egg. Inumaki parts his lips, suggesting you to mimic him.

Parting your lips you happily accept his offer. A smile laces his lips and you mirror his expression. "Alright! Who wants to open a gift from me first?" Itadori eyes the group who's still eating their food. Panda is the second one to finish his breakfast, his hand flying up and waving excitingly. Itadori snickers and hands over a large green bag towards Panda.

The two happily exchange gifts with one another as the sounds of rustling bags and wrapping paper fills your ears. One by one, everyone finishes off their meals and the gift exchange begins. Itadori exchanges gifts with Inumaki while Panda hands Maki her gift. That leaves you to exchange gifts with Okkotsu. Feeling a bit nervous, you stare at Okkotsu who's sitting on the corner of the couch. He seems to be finishing off the green tea in his mug before his eyes catches yours.

Taking a deep breath, you walk over to the boy with his gift behind your back. It was difficult to shop for Okkotsu. Despite how often the two of you spent hanging out as a group, you didn't know him completely. Asking Inumaki for ideas was helpless since he would suggest silly gifts that the two would only understand as friends. So you figured you would gift him something you are the best at. Something creative.

Clearing your throat, you point to the seat beside Okkotsu. Okkotsu's dark blue eyes settle on you before he eyes the empty seat beside him. He doesn't utter a word when his eyes return back to you. The only action Okkotsu makes is a slight tilt to his head, suggesting for you to take a seat. You seat yourself down beside him with your stomach tied in knots. You hope he won't laugh at your gift or find it stupid.

"Here you are." You try to speak cheerfully when you reveal his gift from behind you. Extending out the shiny blue snowflake wrapping paper shaping a rectangular shape, you hold a tiny smile. Okkotsu carefully takes the gift from you. You hold in your breath as you watch him tear open the wrapping paper. He's delicate and doesn't rush when he separates the wrapping from the content inside of it.

Okkotsu prays Y/L/N wouldn't notice how his hands are trembling slightly. He feels her eyes on his every movement. He's also taken note how she's adorably holding her breath in anticipation to his reaction. This piques Okkotsu's curiosity to what she's giving him as a gift. With the wrapping paper removed, Okkotsu lifts off the lid of the brown box.

With Okkotsu's guard down, a smile laces his lips easily. His eyes soften when he sees a collage of photos the two have taken together. A few of the photos are clipped from group photos that Y/L/N's stitched together. Okkotsu had no idea what to expect but this definitely seems like something Y/L/N would gift him. Okkotsu carefully strokes the photo frame with his right thumb. He raises his eyes up to look over to Y/L/N.

Okkotsu's taken aback when he's met with a sweet smile from Y/L/N. Clearing his throat, Okkotsu parts his lips to thank her. "I like this. Thank you." Y/L/N relaxes her shoulders and exhales, her nervousness fading when she hears Okkotsu's words.