His kindness

Salmon - Agree/Affirm
Bonito flakes - Disagree/deny
Kelp - Greeting
Mustard Leaf - Concern / Worry
Salmon Roe - To grab attention
Tuna - Focus
Tuna tuna - Look
Tuna mayo - Talk

------

Inumaki's split up from Panda, Maki, and Okkotsu. The four have been tasked to clean up any stranded cursed spirits for the day. Things have been slow with missions so this is community service in a way. The four are to alert one another if there's high graded spirits nearby. But as of now, Inumaki's encountered zero spirits.

His finger flicks through his phone, his mind momentarily absent. Out of nowhere Inumaki senses something malicious. The feeling littering goosebumps down his arms and a chill down his spine. He quickly shoves his phone into his pockets and darts forward. There he spots a girl by the bridge.

She readies to jump off from the railing and beside her is a large spirit that clings onto her. Inumaki's unsure what grade that spirit may be but it's something he should be able to handle. Inumaki himself is close to being a Grade 1 sorcerer. He lowers his collar, shouting out towards the girl before it's too late.

"STOP!" Inumaki's voice rings out loud and clear. Both the girl and the spirit stop in unison. The cursed spirit looks annoyed from being stopped to their clear victory of a humans death. Inumaki dashes towards the girl, his collar covering his mouth again from the movement. She turns her attention over to him.

Inumaki takes notice of her redden cheek and the marks on her right wrist. He's unsure where her injuries are from but he doubt it was caused physically by the cursed spirit that follows her. Otherwise she would've freaked out upon seeing it. Inumaki flicks his purple eyes away from her to look at the spirit that growls at him.

Lowering his collar once more, Inumaki says another simple command. "Explode." The cursed spirit releases a horrific scream. Their body exploding into smithereens. Inumaki silently exhales under his breath before returning his attention to the girl.

He extends his hand out, helping her down from the railing. There's several questions Inumaki would like to ask her but his limited speech is in the way. The two silently stare at one another, neither uttering a word. The wide eyed look the girl flashes him throws him off. Typically at a time like this, the person he saves would say thank you.

But if Inumaki perceived the situation well enough, he can only assume the girl was ready to end her life. The cursed spirit that clung onto her must've slowly grown larger over time. What exactly has this girl gone through? Inumaki cannot imagine himself that far gone. He waves his hand in front of her, attempting to snap her out of her shock.

You snap out of your daze when you feel a gentle breeze in front of your face. The boy before you is waving his hand to get your attention. Clearing your throat, you stare at the boy's purple eyes. You part your lips hesitantly to speak, "Why did you stop me?"

The boy looks conflicted, he's darting his eyes left and right. You blankly look at the boy, unsure to why he's gone quiet. You ask him another question instead. "You said explode earlier, what was that about?" Instead of answering you, he makes a phone signal with his hands.

You shake your head, muttering softly. "I left my cellphone back at school." The boy gives a firm nod before pulling out his phone. He quickly types something on his phone and a voice bot speaks up. You raise your eyebrow, taken aback.

"My name is Toge Inumaki. I know this will sound strange, but I'm a sorcerer. There was a cursed spirit attached to you earlier which was why I stopped you. When I said 'explode' it was towards the cursed spirit." Inumaki waits for your reaction, his purple eyes steady on your face.