Halloween plans

Salmon - Agree/Affirm
Bonito flakes - Disagree/deny
Kelp - Greeting
Mustard Leaf - Concern / Worry
Salmon Roe - To grab attention
Tuna - Focus
Tuna tuna - Look
Tuna mayo - Talk

------

Two months have passed and the chilly fall weather nips at your skin. Your body shivers from the breeze that flutters your skirt. Itadori notices your shivering and he slowly removes his jacket to lay over your shoulders. Raising your head, you stare at the monochrome colored boy. His brows are furrowed together with his lips forming a thin line. "It's unfair you still have to wear a skirt during the colder seasons." He grumbles with a crinkle to his nose.

You snicker while pulling his jacket closer to you. With a shrug and a deep exhale, you look up at the sky. A few leaves sway off the branches and land ever so gently against the sidewalk. "Nothing we can do about it. Things have been this way for years." You softly murmur in response to Itadori's pouting.

You then change the conversation, your eyes smiling at him. Itadori relaxes his stiff shoulders when he sees your expression. His furrowed brows raise in curiosity. His lips then slowly part as he asks what's the shine behind your eyes. You calm his curiosity with an answer, "Since Halloween is this month, should we have a Halloween party with everyone? I've always wanted to spend the holiday with friends."

Itadori nods furiously with a wide grin plastering on his face. "Of course! We can all dress up. Where should we have it? Your place or mine? I'm sure our parents wouldn't mind." Itadori shoots one sentence after another, overwhelming you with his excitement. You raise both hands up to stop him from jabbering on more, a giggle escaping your lips.

"We should ask the others if they're free that day first. I don't want to get our hopes up if they happen to be busy that night. Being Halloween, the cursed spirits must be more lively." You're unaware of the frown on your face as you speak. There's a scratching thought in the back of your head when you think of Halloween. Inumaki's mentioned this to you before that cursed spirits may awaken more on the day.

A gentle flick is met on your forehead, pulling you away from your thoughts. Itadori crosses his arms when your eyes rest on his face. He pouts before speaking up. "Don't make such a sad face Y/L/N. I'm sure Inumaki would do anything to make sure he spends even just a moment with you that day. Why don't we call him and ask?"

The two of you slow your steps at a crosswalk while Itadori fishes for his phone in his pocket. Your heart skips as you quietly watch Itadori unlock his phone and open his contacts. He taps on Inumaki's contact and then proceeds to Facetime him. You hear the sound of footsteps crossing in front of you, alerting you and Itadori both to cross the street. With a few rings and safely crossing the street and turning the corner towards your neighborhood, Inumaki picks up. A smile curls on your lips when you see Inumaki's face.

He lowers the scarf to smile and wave at his phone screen. Itadori mimics Inumaki but with a wider grin. "Afternoon Inumaki! You're not too busy for a quick chat, right? Oh, Y/L/N is here too." Itadori adjusts the camera to turn slightly to the right so you're in view. Inumaki's smile widens when he sees your presence. He energetically waves hello to you.

The sight warms your heart and you can't help but return the same energetic energy. Itadori snickers under his breath when he watches your exchanges. A blush creeps on your face and you pull your eyes away from the phone. Itadori brings the phone back to face him. Inumaki tilts his head slightly in response to Itadori's question with raised brows. Seeing as though Inumaki is in no rush, Itadori asks the question pertaining the Halloween party.

"Y/L/N and I were discussing Halloween plans. We're thinking of having a small party with the group. What do you think? Would you guys have the time for one?" Itadori's words pour out like a waterfall. You expect Inumaki to feel overwhelmed but he looks calm. His eyes cast to the side as he ponders on how to answer Inumaki's question with his limited speech.

To yours and Itadori's surprise, Panda grabs hold of Inumaki's phone. "Did I hear party? Of course we'd come!" Panda smiles widely. He then mutters out several dishes of food to have. A hand reaches out to grab the phone, another face reflecting the screen. Okkotsu wears a blank face, a small exhale escaping his lips.

"Don't be ridiculous Panda. We're told to be stationed around Shibuya that night. Sorry Itadori, Y/L/N, we'll have to take a raincheck on the party. Our seniors are expecting a heavy flow of cursed spirits that night. You two are better off staying home too." Okkotsu's eyes seem to soften when he looks at Y/L/N's forlorn expression. He bites the tip of his tongue, muttering something before handing the phone back to Inumaki. "We wouldn't want the two of you hurt."

Inumaki nods his head to Okkotsu's words, a soft "Salmon" is his response. Itadori doesn't hesitate to show the deepen frown on his face. He flares out his nostrils and puffs out his cheeks before grumbling out. "Well that won't do." Itadori's eyes flick over to Y/L/N who hasn't said a word. Her sadden expression melts into an expressionless one. Itadori watches Y/L/N's expression then change into one of pondering. Her eyes look far away as she's thinking.

Itadori faintly hears Panda whining in the background. "Salmon roe." Inumaki's voice calls out to Itadori. Itadori flutters his eyelashes, pulling his attention back to his phone. "Yes, Inumaki?" Itadori answers in response. Inumaki points to his eyes. This seems to be the new signal Inumaki's created. When he points to his eyes, he's asking for Y/L/N. Itadori's unsure of the whole meaning behind the signal but he can only guess sight is something related to Y/L/N.

Itadori looks to his side and Y/L/N is no longer beside him. His eyes widen in surprise when he darts his eyes around to look for the girl. In a matter of seconds Y/L/N is dashing off to her home. Itadori lowers his phone to his side, calling out to the girl. "Y/L/N, WHAT'S THE RUSH FOR? INUMAKI WANTS TO SPEAK TO YOU!"

Without stopping your pace, you turn your head slightly to yell out to Itadori. "Tell him I'll talk to him later! I'll see you tomorrow Ita! Get home safely!" You form a smile and wave goodbye before hurrying inside your house. The sound of the door closes behind you.

Itadori stands there dumbstruck as he watches the door close after Y/L/N's entered inside. He slowly raises his phone back up to his face. "Uh...Y/L/N said she'll talk to you later. She ran off inside without saying anything." Hearing Itadori's words, Panda scoffs loudly with his arms folded behind his head. He walks behind of Inumaki and mutters something sly.

"She's upset. Nice going Toge." Panda forms a devious smirk. Okkotsu's blank expression changes slightly from the sharpness in his eyes. Inumaki widens his eyes, the color in his face paling over. Itadori's positive the smile Y/L/N flashed him earlier didn't show a sign of anger on her face. She did brace herself earlier for this kind of response.

But it is possible that Y/L/N only looked strong for Itadori to not worry over her. Itadori awkwardly clears his throat, one hand waving in front of the screen. "Don't say that Panda-senpai. Y/L/N wouldn't get upset over something like this. B-Besides, Y/L/N figured things would be like this anyway."

"Oh? Now that's even more sad to hear." Panda adds more fuel to the flames as he narrows his eyes on the back of Inumaki's head. Inumaki shrinks his shoulders, a look of complication on his face. Okkotsu shoves Panda's shoulder. "Stop making Toge guilty for something none of us can control. We're sorcerers, it's our job to protect the civilians that night. It can't be helped."

Okkotsu rests a hand on Inumaki's shoulder, giving him a gentle squeeze. He mutters under his breath, "Y/L/N wouldn't be upset over something like this. Don't let Panda's words creep under your skin." Itadori clears his throat on the other end of the call. "W-Well, I should hang up incase Y/L/N calls you Inumaki. Let's try to hang out sometime again! Bye!"

Itadori quickly ends the call before anyone can respond back. He drags out a loud exhale and slumps his shoulders. If he didn't end the call any sooner, he wouldn't know how to comfort Inumaki. Itadori already feels depressed that the idea of a Halloween party with friends is crushed. He's sure Y/L/N feels just as bad since she looked forward to it. It was her idea to begin with.

He raises his eyes to look at her home before turning his heels around to head home. Itadori scratches the back of his neck, pondering on a solution to their problem. Maybe the group can celebrate a day before? But Itadori's unsure if Inumaki and the others have to undergo a training course for the big day. Heck, he's still unsure of their sorcerer powers and the whole idea behind Tokyo Jujutsu High.

The boy ruffles his pink hair and makes his way home with several swarming thoughts.