I like you more

Salmon - Agree/Affirm
Bonito flakes - Disagree/deny
Kelp - Greeting
Mustard Leaf - Concern / Worry
Salmon Roe - To grab attention
Tuna - Focus
Tuna tuna - Look
Tuna mayo - Talk

------

There's a comfortable silence as Inumaki walks you home. Neither of you have said a word since the shared kiss on the bridge. Your heart continues to skip as you feel his warmth from your intertwined fingers. There's a gentle tug from Inumaki that catches your attention. He comes to a halt as you turn around to look at him. The boy casts his eyes down to the concrete beneath his shoes.

Unable to see his entire facial expression, you try to search his eyes for his emotion. Feeling your eyes on him, Inumaki slowly raises his eyes up to look at you directly. Having his eyes on you causes your heart to skip. He looks sad to part away from you. You catch yourself smiling at the thought. Inumaki is very cute when he wants to be.

You give his hand a gentle squeeze. "I miss you already Toge." You speak sweetly in a soft tone. Inumaki's eyes widen slightly before they soften and avert to the side. There's a slight tinge of pink that crosses his face. He crinkles his nose adorably. You watch him point to himself before pointing to you with a gentle nod. You're sure that means he feels the same way towards you.

Your shoulders droop and the smile on your face falls slightly. A sigh slips past your lips when you stare at your joined left hand with Inumaki's right. "It sucks that we don't go to the same school. If we did, we could see each other more." Muttering under your breath, you don't notice Inumaki's frown behind his collar. He slowly nods his head to agree.

But you push the negative thoughts to the side while gripping tightly to his hand before releasing your intertwined fingers. "It's not all too bad though. This just means we'll have more affection to shower one another with the next time we meet." Your voice grows silent as you feel your face flush from your words. Scrunching your nose, you tuck a few stray hairs behind your ear. "I'll look forward to it. I hope you will too."

Your breath hitches when you're roughly pulled forward into an embrace. Your face makes contact with Inumaki's chest. His scent fills your nostrils and his strong arms hold you in place. His soft low voice fills your ears. "Salmon."

Slowly, you wrap your arms around Inumaki's waist and close your eyes. This simple gesture overwhelms you with so much happiness. You've never felt this exhilarating feeling before. You easily melt in Inumaki's arms as you feel his fingertips run through your hair. A comfortable silence is shared between the two of you.

Until you hear a familiar voice that belongs to your mother. She whistles from the front door causing your body to stiffen. You aren't the only one who feels the same way. Inumaki paralyzes within your hold as well. The two of you pull away from each other in an instant as if the two of you are caught doing something you shouldn't be doing. "Now what do I see here?" A playful hum shouts out across the yard. Face flushed, you cover your eyes with your palms.

This is so embarrassing.

You hear Inumaki rustle beside you. Peeking between your fingers, you notice the boy bowing down. Confused, you drop your hands away from your face. "W-What are you doing Toge?" You stammer out with raised brows. Your mother is just as confused when she joins the two of you.

Mother places her hands on Inumaki's shoulder, straightening his form out. "Are you apologizing for hugging my daughter? There's no need Toge. If anything, I should thank you for making my daughter happy. She hasn't stopped talking about you these past few days. Do you think he likes me still? What if he's no longer interested?" Your mother mimics your voice as you hold in your breath.