Chapter 11

Red Stains

T.A.2490

Rivendell

Celebrían is now twelve months pregnant, and remembers why she did not have another one after Arwen, or try to. By the end of the twelfth month, you are practically begging for it to be over. Of course she looks what she should have looked like when she was six months.

It is the last week of December, the snow has lightly begun to fall. The sun was setting just over the trees.

Dinner had just finished and everyone returned to their normal routine; Arwen went to her room to read, Elladan and Elrohir went to their target practice. Celebrían was headed to her room and Elrond to his studies, as they have all done for the past month. But, for some reason tonight, Celebrían wanted Elrond to come with her and not to his study's.

'Melleth', "must you work tonight? Can you not just do it tomorrow?" Celebrían asked.

"I am sorry 'Melamin', I will only be there a few hours. Alright?"

"Alright."

With that Elrond kissed his wife and left.

~~~

Celebrían opened the door and walked into their room. Closing the it behind her, she let out a deep sigh. Celebrían walked towards the crib at the end of their bed. Placing her hand on the handle of the crib, slightly brushing it as she walked by.

(Just to finally see her.)

Celebrían sat on the bed feeling a strong kick, but she just pushed it aside, for she had been doing that since dinner.

(What does Elrond have to do that makes his work so important?)

Again there came a strong kick.

'Nîdh!' Celebrían said under her breath.

Placing her hand on her stomach, still pushing it off to the side. Walking out to the balcony, Celebrían looked up at the sky.

(There is going to be a full moon tonight.)

Then Celebrían turned to notice an elf watching the sunset. It was Lindir, Elronds' head advisor, who always watches the sunset. Though, Celebrían never knew why. But her thoughts were interrupted by another strong kick, this time bringing Celebrían to her senses.

"Aah!" She gasped. "Something's not right. Something is very wrong."

Again, there was a strong kick.

(No, I can't be!)

And again there was a kick, but with more force, and Celebrían clenched in pain.

~~~

Lindir, just happened to look and see Lady Celebrían, in some form of pain. Has he looked closer he noticed she clenched on the handrail. Celebrían did not see Lindir looking at her, but he watched her limped back into the room out of Lindir's view.

Lindir wasted no time as he ran for Lady Celebrían and Lord Elronds' chambers.

~~~

Once Celebrían reinterred the room she stopped dead in her tracks, when she stepped in something warm. Looking down at the floor, wondering how she did not notice or even feel it.

There were pools of crimson blood, all over the floor, and even some where she sat on the bed. The sight of the blood made Celebrían loose her balance, dropping to the floor covering her lower half and hands in blood.