Chapter 17

Don't Go

T.A.2496

Rivendell

I was sitting on the floor in the library looking at an old map of Rivendells' borders. Ada sat at his desk, doing some kind of work.

This map showed may roads that intertwined with each other. I grabbed one of the newer maps and compared the two.

Just then the door busted open.

"Lord Elrond!" Glorfindel's voice called.

"What is it, Glorfindel?"

"It's -" Glorfindel stopped in med sentence.

(Must have noticed me.)

"She is fine Glorfindel. What is it?"

"Orcs."

I looked up from the two maps.

(Orcs? I have only seen pictures and heard stories about them.)

"What about them?"

"They have crossed the hidden passage. My Lord, we must do something, and fast."

"What do you suggest we do?"

"We can take this route here." Glorfindel said, pointing at one of the maps they had.

"But, will that not make us vulnerable? Would we not be seen for miles away?"

I took notice in the different routes that stayed in the new and old map. Yet, one in particular disappeared from the new map.

"This is the only way we can reach them before they come to close."

"Why, would you take the route that makes you vulnerable? When you can take the one less traveled by." I said, looking at them, as well as pointing at the route.

Ada came over to see what I was pointing at.

"But Lìvia, this is an old map."

"So, just because it is old does not mean it is not there."

Ada took another look at the map.

"Well, what do you know?"

"My Lord. What are we going to do?"

"We are taking the one less traveled by."

I smiled.

"Sir, are you sure?"

"Yes, Glorfindel. When do we depart?"

"As soon as possible my Lord."

Ada nodded, as Glorfindel quickly left the room.

(What did he mean by we?)

'Ada.' I said turning back to him. "What did you mean by we?"

He gave me a grieving look.

"I'm going with them, Lìvia."

I looked at him in shock, trying to process what Ada was saying.

"WHAT?!"

"Lìvia, just calm down. Everything will be alright, I will be alright. These are no more, than mindless orcs."

"You can't go, 'Ada.'" I said, putting my head in his chest. Tears, just came down my face.

"You can't go." I said again, as he pulled me closer to his chest.

We sat there for a moment in silence, until Ada spoke.

"I tell you what." He said pulling me up to see his face, wiping the tears away from my face.

"When I get back, we start your studies."

"Really?"

"Yes. Now I believe we need to find your 'Naneth.'"

~~~

Naneth, Arwen, and I watched a handful of elves, get ready for battle. Three of them were, three men I held dear to.

"Do not worry, 'lell nin.'" they will be fine." Naneth ushered me.

"Yes. Elladan, Elrohir, and Father have done this plenty of times."

I was about to speak, but Ada, Elladan, and Elrohir came back up the steps. Dressed in armor, and had their weapons hanging from their sides, along as weapons on their backs.

Elladan and Elrohir came to me first, as Ada went to Naneth and Arwen. They both meet me at eye level.

"Not you two as well." I said in tears.

"Ah, come on now. Where's that smile of yours?" Elladan asked.

I smiled.

(How do they do that. My muindors, always can make me smile or even laugh.)

"There it is. Hey don't worry, Squirt. We'll be back before you know it." Elrohir said.

Elrohir and Elladan hugged me, and then got up and went to Naneth and Arwen. Ada then came to me, doing the same as Elladan and Elrohir did.

"Do you promise, 'Ada?'"

"Yes, and when I get back. I better know something about orcs."

I smiled again.

Just like that, they were gone. Ada, Elladan, and Elrohir, and the rest of the elves. As they got on their horses, leaving Rivendell.

After I could no longer see them, I ran straight to the library.

"Lìvia! Where are you going?!" Naneth called out to me.

"Can't talk! Got to go study!"

~~~

I was lost in studying about everything I could about orcs. How they were made, the weapons they carry.

I was brought out of my studying when I heard the sound of pounding hooves.

I ran outside, along with Naneth and Arwen. They appeared out of the trees, all accounted for. No one seemed injured, which was even better.

They all gathered at the front gate, and so did we. I ran right up to Ada, and hugged him as he hugged me back.

"Now." He said. "What do you know?"

~~~

( ) - Thoughts
' ' - Elvish
Ada - Father
Naneth - Mother
Muindors - Brothers

~~~

Wattpad hates me.

Haters gonna Hate.

I will be honest.

I totally bullcrapped this chapter.

If it was bad I understand, but if you thought it was good, then who am I to complain.

Vote.

Comment.

Do both.

Don't do any.

Im out