Chapter 54

So the Journey Begins

T.A. 2941

Rivendell

The evening sun began to set as Estel and I returned from practicing.

"You did wonderful today, Estel, your stance is getting better."

"I still fell." Estel mumbled with his head down.

"Do not be so hard on yourself, one day you might be able to knock me down."

We reached the steps that left the courtyard, when a voice at the top of the stairs called my name.

"Lìvia."

I looked up seeing, "Legolas." I greeted back.

(What is he doing here?)

"Lord Elrond told me I might find you down here." Legolas said coming down the steps, until he came face to face with me, at the end of the stairs.

"Who is this?" Legolas asked, looking down acknowledging the presence of Estel.

"This is, Estel. Estel, this is Prince Legolas of the Woodland Realm."

Estel bowed in respect for Legolas, and Legolas bowed back.

"Is that the 'Ellon' you speak of-" Estel was cut of and started mumbling, due to the fact that my hand was now covering his mouth.

"Children. Strange what goes through their minds, or out of their mouths."

"You speak of me?" Legolas asked beaming, like an idiot.

"Do not gloat Prince, it will be your downfall." I replied removing my hand from Estels' mouth.

"This is not gloating, Lady Lìvian, it is pride."

"Ugh, even worse." I groaned, ignoring the fact he used my full name and title, just as I did him. "What are you doing here anyway?"

The grin from his face quickly faded into a frown, "May we speak in private?"

I then looked down at Estel who looked up at me.

"Estel, why don't you go on and get ready for dinner?"

"Is Prince Legolas going to stay for dinner?"

"Oh no, I'm sure Prince Legolas has more important things-"

"Actually," Legolas started, getting down to eye level with Estel. "I would love to stay for dinner, Estel."

A giant smile appeared on the young boys' face, as he looked back up to me waiting for a replay.

"Well, in that case you better go tell your mother to add another plate to the table."

"Okay." He said, handing me his sword as he passed Legolas and started running up the stairs.

"Do you have any idea, what you have just gotten yourself into?" I asked laughing.

"No, but I am sure I will find out soon." Legolas replied with a grin on his face as well, as we both watched Estel until he was out of earshot range did Legolas speak again. "He must be very important."

"I'm sorry?" I asked looking back at him.

"Lord Elrond must have saw something in him, one does not usually see a human living in the land of Elves. Who is he?"

"That is for me to know, and for my father to tell you if he wishes.-Why are you here, Legolas? Has something happened?"

"Oh no, it is nothing you need to worry yourself with, I only came to see you."