88.

"Dear I-LANDERs, please gather in the lobby.", the voice announced and I pulled away from Jake's hug.
"Again?", I asked in disbelief and widened my eyes.
"And I thought they would leave us in peace for the rest of the day.", he mumbled under his breath but I was still able to hear him and chuckled.
"What could be so important so that it can't wait till tomorrow?", I asked Jake in confusion.
"Let's find out.", he winked at me and reached out his hand, which I took.

We headed towards the lobby. The others were already gathered and were seated in the order of the ranking. I took a seat next to Daniel, on chair number 11 when the voice continued talking.

"Due to the elimination, the two units of the upcoming test will be rearranging the members to match the capacity for each unit. The winner of the global voting ranking will get the authority to choose the unit member. I-LANDER Sunoo, out of the 6 members of the 'Flame On' unit choose one person to move to the 'Chamber 5' unit.", was explained.

With that being said, Sunoo had to leave us and head to the voting room which was used during I-LAND part 1 a lot. Before he disappeared into the hallway, we could hear him whining: "What should I do?"

In the lobby, we started making assumptions about who he would most likely choose.
"What if you come to 'Chamber 5'?", Heeseung asked Jay, who pretended that he was fainting because of that idea.
His reaction made me laugh, but he suddenly stopped and pointed at me.
"Why are you laughing? I'm serious!", he said with widened eyes.
"It's just that I'd love to see you acting all cute and bubbly.", I explained to him and everybody was listening to our little discussion now.

"I agree.", Heeseung put his arm around my shoulder, still laughing about the idea.
"Stop making fun of me.", he threatened us but Heeseung and I still made eye contact and laughed about it.

Suddenly Sunoo came back and stood in front of us with a wide smile plastered on his face.
"Have you already decided?", K asked him as he nodded in response.

"I'm going to pick I-LANDER Park Sunghoon.", he said without hesitation.
Sunghoon seemed as if he had lost his mind, which was relatable, but Sunoo amazed me. He had the guts to steal the leader of the other unit and still smile at their faces. This sneaky dude.

"The test will take place in five days.", the voice announced and the timer appeared in his usual place on the egg-shaped gate.
"In 5 days?", Sunghoon sighed because of frustration. "What should I do? How am I supposed to do this?"
"Don't worry about it Sunghoon.", I patted his shoulder while we've been heading upstairs. "Last time you made me show a different side of me and this time you'll get the chance to show a different side of yourself."
"Mhm.", he gave me a fake smile while nodding, since he knew I'm only mocking him.

Upstairs everybody headed to their assigned bedrooms. Since I ranked 11th, I'm in the last room with Daniel. He was already inside when I peeked into the room and seemed a bit upset, so I decided to cheer him up. He was unpacking his things and didn't see me coming in, so I tackled him from behind and both of us fell onto the bed.

"Why?", he whined not getting up from the bed though.
"What?", I teased him. "Did you get scared?"
"No, it's not that.", he pointed at a few clothes. "I've been folding them. Now I can start all over again."
"Stop, crying.", I scoffed and both of us laughed when someone knocked on the door.

"I don't wanna disturb the two of you, but would you mind if I steal Y/N from you for a moment.", Jay said straight forward.
"I don't mind if she doesn't mind.", Daniel smiled at him and Jay signalized me with his eyes to follow him.
Unfortunately, Daniel did not know that I do mind going with him.

"Do you and Daniel share a room?", he asked unsure not knowing how to start the conversation.
"Yes.", was the only word I could get out of my mouth due to the nervousness. He just nodded and I kept following him.
"Where are we going?", I asked him to get rid of the awkward silence.
"Oh, uhm.", he scratched the back of his head and smiled shyly. "I don't know. The balcony?"

As we were passing the living room, Jungwon was sitting on the couch and wondering what we were planning to do. Little did I know that Jay is going to ask me about the letter. His confession. I don't know how to talk about it with him yet.
Trying to get away from my current situation, I inconspicuously turned towards Jungwon and mouthed 'help me'. He didn't seem to understand since he just frowned and shrugged his shoulders after I rolled my eyes.

Jay opened the balcony door and both of us exited the living room and leaned on the railing. I couldn't enjoy the fresh breeze the way Jay did because my mind was going crazy. I observed him from the corner of my eye until he turned towards me.

"Isn't it incredible how I got the chance to stay here in I-LAND for a bit longer? How I ranked so much better than last time.", he said while smiling.
"I told you.", I said proudly. "But you didn't hear. I knew you were gonna make it."
"Thank you, Y/N."
"For what?", I asked him in confusion.
"For believing in me when I couldn't.", he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a hug.

Knowing that Jay has feelings for me, this hug doesn't feel the same anymore. It doesn't feel like the hugs I receive from the other members who just hug me in a friendly way. No, this hug feels different. It feels better. I can feel the butterflies in my stomach, which caused me to smile widely. Luckily, my face was covered by his shoulder so nobody could see.
But I didn't hug him back. I wasn't sure if this would be the right thing to do because I'm still unsure about my feelings for him.

"Y/N.", he called me still staying like this.
"Mhm.", I mumbled back.
"I know I shouldn't be asking this but could you give me the letter ba-", he was cut off by someone opening the balcony door. Thankfully.

"Y/N, something urgent came up. I need you right now.", he said.

————————————

heyy, guys!!
how are you?? hope y'all are doing well and enjoyed this chapter :D

(i actually wanted to update yesterday but i fell asleep while writing this note ... sorry xD)

Happy Hanbin Day !! <3
he's finally debuting, i was so happy when I saw the announcement. l love him soo much !! :')

have a nice day <3

~Sonny