21.

Again we are sitting here and waiting for the countdown to end. It's my second time and i can't believe that i am actually still here. And the fact that i'm also performing today makes me feel proud of myself, but also nervous...

We'll be having a face to face battle with the GROUNDERs in a few minutes and all of the GROUNDER are extremely talented!

What happens if i loose today? What happens if i have to go back to the GROUND today? What if some GROUNDERs have to go home today? What if one of those is me? What if i don't have the chance to debut? I was so focused that i didn't even realized that someone is calling me.

"Y/N?", someone said. "Y/N? Are you okay?"
"Huh? How can i help you?", i said and saw Geonu being worried about me.
"Y/N, what's wrong?", he asked me and squat down in front of me.
"It's just- i'm very nervous right now."
He looked at my hands that were fidgeting with Hanbin's lucky charm.
"Don't be nervous!", he said now looking into my eyes. "You gonna be just perfect on stage! I know that for sure! And you also have Hanbin's lucky charm with you!"
He smiled at me and so did i after seeing him.
"We will make it and both of us will stay here!", he said and he reached out his pinkie finger and we promised.
He went back to his seat and now everyone stared at the countdown. 30 seconds left...

This is what i'm wearing:

Since Jay and I rap, we are going to use hand microphones

Since Jay and I rap, we are going to use hand microphones. I bet this is going to be fun.

"I-LAND representatives please enter the gate now.", the computer voice said.
Before the seven of us entered, the other 5 hugged us and gave us motivating words.

We entered the gate and and waved to the others before we couldn't see them anymore.
The stage. We arrived the stage. It looks completely different then during the other performance. It's all dark and we went to stand in a line, just like the rehearsal. But this time the gate opened another time.
The GROUNDER entered. I wanted to look to them so bad. I wanted to see who came here, but we weren't allowed to. We had to look right into the cameras and not look away.

"The representative unit test that will determine each team's fate will now begin.", the voice said. "We are going to begin with I-LAND's vocal unit. Standby."

Geonu and Heeseung got into position and the others went to their seats.
As soon as i sat down, i tried to figure out who came from the GROUND.
I saw Niki! He definitely came here as a dance rep. Nicholas is here and Jaeho too! I think both of them are also here as dance reps.
Daniel and Jimin are here too! Probably for rapping, right? So i'm going to have a rap battle with Daniel and Jimin! That's interesting.
When i tried to figure out who the last two representatives are, i couldn't believe my eyes!
HANBIN AND SUNOO ARE HERE TOO! And both of them are here together! Are they the two vocal representatives? I guess so! Both have strong vocals!

I tried to make eye contact with them and when they finally saw me, i waved like crazy to them! It felt so good to see them again, but i really wanted just to run to them and hug them!
I tried to show Hanbin that i brought his lucky charm with me but he couldn't see it right. I'll show him later i just thought and i attached it on my mom jeans, because Heeseung and Geonu's performance just started.
"At least this lucky charm is here for both of us.", i said to myself.

When I-LAND's vocal reps finished their performance i just felt relaxed. Their voices just give you chills. It's so amazing.
Heeseung and Geonu came to us and we congratulated them and hugged them. They did their best for our team.

"GROUND's vocal team go to stage, standby.", the voice said.

I looked over to the GROUNDER's just to see Sunoo and Daniel to stand up.
Wait- if Daniel is a vocal rep, and Hanbin isn't...is Hanbin a rap representative? Or is he a dance rep? This boy really can do everything.

Sunoo looked over to me before he started and i showed him two thumbs and a bright smile and he smiled back. I know he will do perfect. His vocals are amazing.

As soon as the song started i realized that the GROUNDERs aren't performing the same songs as I-LAND. We performed 'Butterfly' and they perform 'Save Me'.

So what are the rap representatives going to perform? I'm so curious to finally know!

After GROUND's performance i was just shocked. I already knew that Sunoo has amazing vocals, but i didn't know about Daniel. This song fits him so good and he just sung that perfectly! I really thought he is going to rap today, because he is also good at beatboxing.
But he is crying. Why is he crying? He did perfect! I just wanted to run to him and hug him, but we weren't allowed. He did the best. Why would he cry?

"I-LAND vocal representatives and GROUND vocal representatives please come to the stage."

I didn't know that they are going to show the result right away.

"From now on, we are going to announce the results for the vocal performance."
Numbers appeared on the screen behind them and kept changing for a while until the result for the I-LAND unit was revealed.
81 points for Geonu and Heeseung! I jumped, clapped, cheered for them so much! They deserve this!

Now the points for GROUND: 74 points.

I could see their disappointment in their eyes. This time i didn't care about the rules. I just ran over to them. Not to Heeseung and Geonu but to Sunoo and Daniel.
I hugged them both at the same time very tight!

"You did perfect!", i whispered in their ears.
"I missed you so much.", Sunoo whispered back.
"I missed you two!", i replied. "There wasn't any second i didn't thought about you and what you are probably doing right now."

I let go of the hug, just to see Daniel crying.
"Daniel,", i said and hugged him. "Why are you crying? You did so good today!"
"It's just-", he sobbed. "Someone else would have done better!"
"Don't say that! Nobody can do as good as you did!", i told him and he whipped of his tears.

They told us to go back to our seats, so that they can keep going filming.

"We are going to start with the GROUND now. Rap representatives, standby."

I looked over to the GROUNDERs just to see Hanbin and Jimin getting ready.

I'm going to have a face to face battle against HANBIN?!?

——————————

This chapter flops, i'm sorry...