32.

The day of the performance:

Only a few hours left until we have to perform on stage and i'm getting a bit scared.
This is the last test we have and then there will be no GROUND anymore. If you are out after this test, you don't have the chance to comeback.

My biggest fear is being one of the dropouts. No matter how good we will be today, there will be six dropouts for sure. 3 will be selected by us and the other 3 by the producer. After that we have to join the GROUNDER and the only chance that we have to comeback is the global vote.

If i don't manage to stay in I-LAND as one of the six who'll already make it into the final 12, i won't have the chance to debut, because i don't think that the global fans will vote for me.

They will probably vote for the cutie Sunoo, the sunshine Hanbin, kind-hearted Daniel or performer Ni-Ki!
How would i even have a chance against them? There are so many talents in GROUND and all of them deserve to be here.

We weren't practicing right now so that we can relax a bit before the actual performance starts but i would prefer practicing right now because my thoughts are driving me insane.

"Y/N?", Jay asked and got me out of my thoughts. "I know you like sweet things, but isn't that a bit too much sugar for a coffee?"
I looked down to my cup of coffee just to see that i added like about 20 sugar cubes without even realizing because i was distracted by my thought.
"Oh, no!", i said. "What did i do?!"
Jay was just looking at me and laughing.

"Where are you with your thoughts, Y/N?", he asked me while looking deeply into my eyes.
"I'm just very nervous about today's performance.", i answered.
"Hm, what can i do to help you?", he asked and looked around the room to find an answer.
"First of all, i'll make you another coffee?", he suggested, took my cup and threw the coffee away.
"Oh, no! I'm fine!", i said. "I don't want coffee anymore."

"Then let us play some games instead!", he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the couch. "We have to get dressed soon, so let us have some fun before!"
He handed me one tablet and took another one for himself and we started playing.
It really helped me to spend time with Jay. I didn't think about the performance when i was with him but as soon as Seon called us to get dressed and go to the stylists i had this feeling in my stomach again.

I took my outfit from the Item-room and so did Jay. I entered the "girls" changing room which was my own because i'm the only girl and this is what i'm wearing.

All of us are wearing almost the same outfits! I like the concept although it's not that colorful as the others

I got out of the changing room just to see Jay waiting for me there.
He was wearing a black shirt instead of a white one, but over all his outfit looked very good on him.

As soon as he recognized me his jaw dropped. I was kind of confused and looked down to my clothes to see if anything was wrong but i couldn't find anything.
"What's wrong?", i asked him.
"Oh, it's nothing.", he answered. "It's just-"
He stopped talking mid-sentence and turned around because he wanted to head to the stylists.
"You look pretty!", he then said.
I was happy that his back was facing me at this moment because i didn't want him to see my face.
"Thank you.", i said very shy. "But you too."

In silence we walked to the stylists room and joined the other members who were already there. My stylist was already waiting for me. I went to him and he started doing my make up and my hair.

I'm always finishing as the last person, because the boys don't have to do so much with their hair, like i have to do.
As soon as the stylist finished i looked into the mirror and smiled. I then thanked him and left the room.
My smile was all fake and honestly i didn't even wanted to thank him. I absolutely don't like how he did my hair. I look ugly.

I didn't joined the others. Instead i was entering my bedroom and looking at myself in the mirror.
The stylist tied up my hair in a very ugly way and to be honest i think to this concept it would be better if my hair wouldn't be tied up.

I'm not even allowed to do anything against it but performing like this on stage?! Not only on stage, this performance will be streamed all over the world.

I didn't know what i should do and the last rehearsal is about to start. I sat down on my bed trying to find an answer when someone was knocking at the door.

"Come in!", i said but first of all turned around so that he can't see me.
"Y/N, what are you doing here?", Jay asked me. "We are all waiting for you."
"I don't want to come.", i answered.
"But you have to, now come already.", he said.
"As i said, i don't want to come."
"Y/N, what happened?", he asked me and i could hear him coming to my direction.
I turned around to show him what happened.
"This happened.", i said and pointed on my hair.

He was confused because he couldn't figure out what was wrong about my hair.
"The stylist ruined my hair and i don't want the whole world to see me like this.", i said.
"But your hair looks just fine.", he tried to comfort me.
"Nice try, but it really doesn't.", i said.

"Hm, why aren't you just doing your hair by yourself?", he asked me.
"I'm not allowed to change anything the stylists did."
There was a silence in the room until Jay turned his head to my direction.

"Yah, Y/N.", he smirked. "Do you want to break some rules?"

————————

Another update for you!! This story just reached 20k reads! I'm so thankful!!
Hope you enjoy my chapters!<3