Anticipation

The first day in the office finally came and moods were high on both sides of the teams. Jimin, JK and J-hope were arriving later today, so these were the last moments before chaos would emerge.

Emma sat down at her desk, with Namjoon next to her, the desk opposite her still empty. Suga and Vanessa had gone with their respective partners in their teams.

"This feels so weird, right?", Emma said to Namjoon.

"I know, right? Like logically I do understand that I'm in an office, but it really still doesn't feel like it. Just look outside at the weather, how does anyone in this city ever get any work done?", he answered while checking his emails. A long list of unread messages made their appearance taking him right back to reality. 

 "But what does feel like work is all these emails. This is going to be a really long day", he said and scratched his neck.

"Yeah I just saw mine. It's a rude awakening ", she said with a scoff.

They dove right into the ridiculous amount of emails, unaware of Tae's arrival. He entered with his usual confident strides, wearing casual beige pants and a t-shirt with a crazy pattern only someone like him could pull off. His wavy hair was perfectly styled as usual, some of it covering his dreamy eyes.

The lack of attention for his arrival from his newcomers surprised him. They seemed very occupied, staring into their respective screens. He decided to make a run to the downstairs coffee shop to welcome them with iced coffee on their first day in office.

He entered the office the second time, hoping for more attention this time, but they were still deep into their screens. He smiled to himself. At least these two were hard workers, unlike some others at the office.

"Good morning", he finally said to gain some attention as he slid in behind them.

He put down a cup of iced coffee next to Namjoon first, before leaning forward over Emma's shoulder and placing hers next to her.

Emma was interrupted by his intoxicating scent and turned her head to be met by his radiant smile only inches away from her surprised face. His eyes looked straight into hers with a pleased look in them. He intentionally let them wander down to her lips and back up to her surprised eyes.

"I brought you coffee", he said and placed the cup in front of her without letting go of her gaze.

Emma's cheeks flushed in a blushing red tone, she hated that he had that power over her bodily functions.

Tae finally walked over to his desk and sat down. It had to be the one opposite hers of course.

"So guys, the artist arrive later today. Namjoon, is the house ready?", he asked with a serious expression on his face, still amused by Emmas blushing cheeks.

"Yes, Almost. Last preparations are being made as we speak. I sent the interns to do some grocery shopping, with a list of their preferred foods and snacks on it", he replied with a smile.

"Excellent. Then how about we spend our time here at the office and get as much done as possible today. Namjoon, can you go to the house later to make sure that everything is really done?", Tae said.

"Sure, of course", Namjoon said and returned to his emails.

"Emma, you are coming with me for the pick up from the airport", he said and watched her flustered face with amusement.

Emma looked up from her screen. He observed her carefully with fascination.

"Just you and me?", she burst out a little more surprised than she would have liked to sound.