Hold on

He felt exhausted. The past 24 hours had been a storm of emotions and events.

From holding Emma again in his arms, to tasting her soft lips again, to feeling her, hearing her moan his name. It was everything he had dreamt about but never dared to hope for again. It felt so right.

Then there was Maddy. Her teary eyes, the unfairness he caused her. Nothing about it felt great. She had been there for him, next to him in every moment of grief, yet this was the gratitude he showed her in the end. He knew that she knew  that there was never a chance for them, not when Emma existed.

All he needed was to talk to Emma, to explain himself to her. His night was filled with anxiety and tears from the fear of losing her again, now that there was a chance for them. Namjoon's words left him with some hope.

A quiet knock was heard on his door. He got up from his bed, his hair a mess, a pair of grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt decorating his body. He shuffled his way slowly to the door and opened it.

"Hey handsome", Emma said as he opened the door and smiled at him with a careful smile.

His eyes widened and he pulled his hands through his hair before covering his face with his hands and dropping to his knees.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry", he whispered through his quiet sniffles.

Emma approached him slowly, falling to her knees next to him and embracing him, pulling his head to her chest as she slowly stroke his back with one hand.

"It's okay, don't cry please", she whispered. "Hey, don't cry Tae".

He pulled away from her slowly and caressed her face in his hands, leaning his forehead against hers.

"I thought I lost you, I was so stupid", he whispered.

Her eyes gazed at his sad ones and her heart melted, like it often did with him. There was never any resistance between them, just longing for the other. She would forgive him for anything in moments like these.

"You were stupid yes, but you could never lose me, you know that", she replied gazing into his eyes.

She placed a soft kiss on his lips, tasting the salt from his tears. His lips followed hers immediately, kissing her back. The kiss was soft and sensual at first, but he wanted badly for it to turn into a heated one. His lips ate hers as he pulled her up from the floor and closed the door behind them. He lift her up and her legs quickly found their way around his waist. He carried her to the bedroom like she was the weight of air.

He placed her on the bed softly before letting his body weigh down on hers. The temperature in the room was increasing quickly together with their body heat.

He tugged at her clothes, wanting her naked, to feel her soft skin against his. He craved it.

She pulled at his sweatpants struggling to get them off. He stopped kissing her for a moment and pulled off his t-shirt, leaving his carved abs on full display.

Her eyes were never full from watching him. His magic was always as strong as his presence.

He watched her as his hands slid up her lower abdomen to her lower back, pulling off her panties, his eyes wandering around her body lustfully.

He hovered above her teasingly before entering her slowly. She gasped and whimpered until his lips found hers again. What a sweet feeling of euphoria it was to be with him in this moment again, to touch him, to feel him.

His thrust went from slow to eager, her moans filling the room. Her body surrendered to him quickly without hesitation, her hands pulling him closer, finding his hair and pulling at it.

His hips kept curling to thrust into her deeper as he pulled away from her lips to gaze at her.

An airy "Tae" left her lips before she pulled his to hers again and her walls clenched around him letting him know that she came. He smiled into the kiss as he kept thrusting deeply into her until he came with a groan collapsing on top of her.

He hugged her tightly and pulled her on top of him, his fingers tracing her spine softly, her body resting comfortably on him.

"Everything is right in the world again when you are next to me like this, do you know that?", he said softly.

"I know", she replied, kissing his chest.

"I really thought I lost you. I messed up", he said.

"I know and you did mess up, you should have told me", she replied and he could hear some disappointment in her voice. 

"I know, but I didn't know if I would get to see you again, I had no hope until the second you opened that door yesterday", he said and kept stroking her back lovingly.

"I met her today...", she said and his hand stopped stroking her back.

He flipped her to her back again, gazing at her with confusement.

"Why?", he asked.

"Because she asked me to...", she replied calmly.

His eyes were filled with more confusement.

"Why?", he asked again.

"She wanted to meet me, to see who I was I guess...", she replied, observing his eyes.

"I'm sorry", he said and fell down on his back, gazing at the ceiling before covering his face with his hands.

"You know what...I wanted to see her too", she said. "I was curious about her and a little jealous...".

He looked at her amused.

"Why jealous?", he asked.

"Because she got to have you, she got to hold the person who is the most important to me. I have no right to be jealous...I know", she replied with a pout.

"You are too cute right now", he said and turned to his side, his head relaxing in his hand.

"I'm not...I'm petty...I become so possessive when it comes to you", she replied looking away from him a little embarrassed. 

"I love it. Come here", he said and pulled her in for a kiss.

He couldn't believe that she was here with him again. Somehow he felt like he owed Maddy a thank you for that.

"She said something that made me sad for her....she said that you never loved her the way you loved me, that she never stood a chance, that it was always going to be me", she said and observed him closely.

He nodded, letting his finger stroke her lips.

"She is right. There is never going to be anyone else besides you for me. The love I have for you is always going to be that strong, regardless if you are here with me or not. It's insane. You know, I tried to forget you...it was useless", he replied.

"How can you be that sure of your love for me?", she asked.

"Are you kidding me? Have I not convinced you yet? Seriously, I will never stop showing you until you are convinced and then I will still keep showing you everyday", he replied and kissed her.

She got lost in the kiss with him, blissful that she was here next to him again.

It still felt unreal.