Dreams

"Are you listening to me Tae?", Maddy asked.

"Huh?", he said with confused face.

"Did you hear what I said?", she repeated herself.

"Ah, sorry. No. I zoomed out", he replied in all honesty.

His mind was somewhere else at this moment, it was with Emma.

He was still in total disbelief over her reaching out to him earlier today. It still felt unreal. But it wasn't, it was real, a little too real.

What was the right thing to do at this moment? He didn't know.

He knew what he wanted to do, but he was too scared to get hurt again now that he was finally okay, or pretending to be okay.

A part of him questioned if he truly would ever be okay without her. The biggest part of him was screaming no loudly, that he needed her, wanted her. He knew he did.

But he didn't want to hurt Maddy.

How ironic would it be if he broke someone's heart now for her, just like she broke his for someone else?

This was still a mess, the whole situation of him and Emma was still as chaotic as ever, if not worse. It felt like their destiny was to be a complicated mess.

And Emma didn't know about Maddy.

His stomach turned by the realisation. Luckily they lived in two different countries, so there was no need to tell her. Not yet at least. He had not decided where this Maddy thing was going anyway.

"I'm sorry Maddy, I'm a little tired today, it was a long day", he said apologetically.

"I get it. You should go home and rest up", she said.

She was always so understanding. It was sweet but also driving him crazy.

"Are you okay to get home on your own?", he asked.

"Of course, don't worry about me", she said and kissed him softly before leaving to catch an uber.

He watched her leave before he hurried to his car and drove home. All he wanted was to call Emma, to see her face to see how he felt. The time difference was difficult, but he knew that she would understand and pick up his call.

He rushed up the stairs into his apartment and kicked off his shoes. He got into comfortable grey sweatpants and a hoodie before he got cozy on his bed.

He took a deep breath before dialing her number.

"Hey stranger", she answered with a smile.

His heart sank to his gut, his heart fluttering by her stare. Those eyes were his weak spot, seeing right through him.

"Hey beautiful", he replied with a wider smile. "It's been a while".

"It has...you look well", she said, gazing at him with dreamy eyes.

He gazed back at her for a while, unable and unwilling to look away. He was right back there with her in the hurricane of emotions that was them.

"I'm okay now that I'm here with you", he said in his raspy voice.

She smiled brighter and her cheeks blushed.

"Tae...you still make me shy...just look at my stupid face and the way you make me smile".

"Right back at you. I really, really, really missed you", he replied with a smirk. "Like I miss everything about you...".

"This feels just like old times, like no time passed and no shit went down....I'm sorry Tae. I was stupid...", she said with a sad smile.

"I know you are...I forgive you, I could never stay mad at you...", he replied while taking in the beauty and energy that was her; his whole heart.

His words overwhelmed her. It was everything that she prayed to hear one day, that he forgave her, that he was okay. Relief flushed through her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to cry today, but I really thought I lost you forever", she said and wiped away her tears.

"Noooo...never my love. Never. You could never lose me, I promise", he replied with wide eyes. "Don't cry please, I wish I could give you a hug right now".

"I know, I wish I could hug you too", she replied and laughed through the tears. "Just look at us, what a mess right?".

"The most beautiful mess I have ever experienced", he replied. "Emma, promise me to never disappear from my life again, regardless of how hard thing get".

She looked at him confused. Why would she ever want to leave him again?

"Tae, I will never leave again, I promise. Just promise to be my friend at least, I will take anything I can get and that you are willing to give me. Give me a chance...", she replied and stared at him with love struck eyes.

"Aish, don't look at me like that...I will give you whatever you want if you look at me like that", he said with the widest smile and the cutest chuckle.

Why was he so cute and sexy at the same time? It was killing her. She had forgotten the power he had over her.

"I love to see you laugh again...I will replace the memories of your crying with your smiles again", she said.

They just stared at each other, laying in their beds. There were so many things to be discussed but it was useless right now. Words were unnecessary. They just enjoyed this precious moment.

"You seem happier than you used to be....I could stare at you all night...", he whispered, covering his hair with the hood of his sweater.

She bit her lower lip nervously.

"Me too...I love staring at you...I...still....love...you. Always have, always will", she replied.

His heart melted in a beautiful warmth of her love.

"I love you too, always will", he replied. "Why are you not in my bed right now?", he teased, staring at her with those lustful hungry eyes that only she knew the look off.

She laughed softly.

"I don't know... I have no excuse for that right now honestly, it's my favourite place to be", she replied with a chuckle.

"The things I would do to you...I have dreamt about this moment for so long...", he said with a smirk.

"What would you do to me?", she asked curiously, staring at his lips.

"Well...I would start by kissing you deeply, trapping you between the bed and my body so I could feel the heat from your body...".

"Sheesh Tae....It's getting hot in here...", she said and let her hand act like a fan to cool her blushing face.

"I would make insane love to you all night, slowly, teasing you, making you suffer, beg...I would watch you come a hundred times before I'd let you rest to make up for lost time. You owe me that", he continued with a confident smirk, his eyes penetrating her soul.

"What an amazing dream...", she said with a dreamy voice, biting her lip again, pressing her thighs together to distract her from her wet core and the butterflies he caused in her stomach.

They both smiled from ear to ear, not knowing what to do with themselves. This was just like before, like they never parted. All the feelings were still there, the attraction was still there, the chemistry was definitely still there.

It was easy to go right back to loving her.

"I missed you so much, you have no idea....I miss your touch, you smile, your love...", he said.

"I know me too...badly...I don't want to hang up...but I have to go", she said with a sad smile.

He gave her a sad pout.

"Promise to call me again soon", he said.

"You can count on it, I'm never letting you go again", she replied and blew him a kiss. "Sweet dreams my prince".

"Bye princess".

They gazed at each other not wanting to hang up because of the fear of this being just a wonderful dream, and neither of them wanted it to be a dream.