Someone like you

Breath.

Just breath through the pain.

Slowly.

That's how he got by, one hour at the time.

As good as it felt to have her next to him, as intensely it hurt to no longer have her. These opposites of extreme feelings fighting for dominance. Her memory was like ecstasy.

He would have done anything to have at least a little bit of her left in his life, living without her was definitely like living without air. Such a cliche.

Grieving a woman like this was new to him. But this wasn't just a woman, she was Emma. His Emma.

As passionately as he loved her most of his moments, as passionately he hated her at times. Or not her, just the pain she caused. He had a hard time coping with that feeling.

He went from pleading, begging her to just come back to him, to asking her to be his friend at least, to cursing her to burn in hell, to regretting it the next second.

His pillow had seen enough tears for a lifetime, the walls heard enough screaming and crying.

His friends worried about him. He was always the confident one, the one who would make them laugh. Now they tried their best to make him smile. If they managed it was a good day.

The heaviness had become his signum, his energy lingering around him, dragging everyone else down with him.

Don't get me wrong; he was still good at his job if not better. If anything, his sorrow gave him a sharp focus. Work was something that switched his mind from the grief, from missing her, at least for a moment.

He used to hate weekends because they meant time away from her once upon a time. Now he hated weekends because the grief was overwhelming and mostly prominent when he was on his own.

Still he had not been able to make himself find a distraction. He felt like if he did and it made him smile, he would forget about her, and he didn't want to forget. No matter how badly it hurt.

A month had past. He had enough. He was done being desperate.

In moments like these he found the strength to convince himself that it was her loss.

He gave her everything he could, every piece of himself. If it wasn't enough, there was nothing else he could do. He needed the distraction tonight.

He put on his best outfit in dark colors, bringing out that mysterious aura in him with the contrast to his skin. He knew that he was good looking, he knew that women would throw themselves at him. He needed that confirmation tonight, that confidence boost.

He entered the club with James, heading directly to the bar. A glass of whisky was soon resting comfortably in his hand, the alcohol rushing through his veins as a welcome relief. Anything to forget for a second.

"Tae, come here!", James demanded with a firm hand gesture.

He dragged his feet to be met by James and a pair of unfamiliar green eyes.

"Tae, this is Maddy, a good friend of mine. Maddy this is Tae, we work together. I didn't know she would be here tonight", he said with a smirk on his face.

Tae's eyes observed Maddy. She was tall like him, breathtakingly gorgeous. Just the type he would go for in the past. But something in her eyes reminded him of Emma.

Maddy stared Tae down. He was surely handsome and confident, just what she liked.

"Nice to meet you", she said with a blending smile as she flipped her dark hair over her shoulder.

"Pleasure is all mine", Tae replied without letting go of her gaze.

She smiled pleased and looked away, intimidated by his intense presence.

Tae smirked, he knew she was interested. They all always were.

"Want to dance?", he asked and reached out his hand to her.

She observed him with some hesitation, but couldn't resist it.

She nodded and took his hand and he pulled her out to the dance floor.

The music filling the air was slow and sensual, perfect for slow dancing.

He pulled her in and placed one hand in her lower back, pulling her close to him, knowing his scent would intoxicate her. Soon enough she was blushing by his smooth moves, giggling from his whispers.

He smiled to himself thinking of how easy it was to pull women into his aura. He loved how he made them shy, he enjoyed his power.

"Maddy", he whispered. "I don't want to sound too rude but do you want to get out of here?".

It was nothing more than a confidence boost, someone to make him feel better for a while.

She chuckled softly and nodded, following him willingly to a cab.

The drive wasn't long and she was soon in his territory, where he felt comfortable.

He approached her slowly without a word, trapping her like a predator ready to go in for the kill. He wasn't here to talk, he came to fuck.

His lips soaked up hers, his hands hungrily searching her body with his hands, exploring her. Her hunger for him felt good, just like he remembered. She let him dominate as he pleased. Her short, slightly loose fit spaghetti strap dress left very little to imagination.

He wasn't looking for a girlfriend, he was looking for someone to fuck.

He pushed her through the door to his bedroom and turned her around, sucking on her neck, groping her soaked womanhood.

"Tae...", she whimpered.

"Don't speak", he replied, focusing on his mission to conquer her quickly.

He pushed her upper body down on his high bed, spreading her legs with his foot. His other hand was already busy with his belt, quickly unbuckling it, freeing his hard member.

He pulled her dress up and her panties to the side, entering her roughly from behind, pumping her fast to chase his high. He didn't care who he was fucking right now to be honest, she just happened to be there.

He closed his eyes, pulling her hips towards him to increase the depth of his trusts. She was a screaming mess unable to take his rough touch.

"Tae slow down!", she begged.

It only increased his dominance. He leaned over her and kept pumping into her, pressing her down on  the bed, grabbing her hair with his other hand.

Her moans filled the room as he was breathing down her neck.

Fuck, it felt good to just drown his sorrows in her and he was getting close to his high.

He pulled out at the last minute and came on her ass with a groan.

He helped her up wit a smirk.

"Pleasure to meet you indeed", he said.

She wasn't someone he wanted to spend the whole night with, so he called her a cab. She had fulfilled her purpose.

As soon as she left he got into the shower and washed the shame off him. He wasn't proud of himself and he knew that a one night stand could never fill the emptiness Emma left. She wasn't her, not even someone like her. Not even close.

He hated that he spent his time haunting for someone like her, it was a mission bound to fail.

And all he really wanted was her. Regardless of what he tried to convince himself in the heat of the moment.

It was still her, it would always be her.

He walked out of the shower with a towel around his waist, his hair still wet. He took a look at his phone, being used to the absence of messages from her, but he still had to look just in case. Maybe one day she would answer him.

That day wasn't today.