It's not goodbye

Saying goodbye this time around wasn't as emotional as the last time. This time there was a plan, this time she was his, this time there was hope.

He waved her off at the airport, kissing her deeply and holding her tight, wanting to remember what it felt like to actually say "see you later" to her instead of goodbye.

"I will call you as soon as I land, promise to answer regardless of the time", she plead, gazing into his dark loving eyes.

"I will, be safe okay? And don't hesitate to call or text me whenever you want or need to. I will miss you so much, but I know that I will see you again in a few months. It makes it easier", he said and gave her lips a soft peck.

She nodded and smiled at him.

"Tae", she said, still stuck in his embrace, still gazing at him.

"Yes", he answered.

"Thank you, for everything. For loving me and for forgiving me", she said and leaned her head on his chest, the warmth of his skin comforting her.

He hummed pleased as he rocked her side to side.

"Thank you, for coming back, for giving us a chance", he said and kissed the top of her head.

"Seriously guys, I'm about to throw up if you don't stop this shit", Namjoon said and shook his head in disbelief.

He was happy that his friend was happy, it was obvious and a little nauseating to be honest.

"We all get that you are in love but I can't listen to you two anymore", he continued.

Emma laughed and let go of Tae to punch his arm.

"Hey, one day it will be you and I swear to God that I will tease you the same. Remember that!", she replied with a smirk.

"I doubt it, and if I do act like you two against all odds, please bring me in for a check-up", he joked.

"Hey guys, enough! Let me just say goodbye to the love of my life and then she is ready to annoy you for the next 16 hours on the flight ", Tae said with a smile as his cheeks blushed.

Emma returned to his hug and held him tightly for a good while, taking in his scent, trying to memorise what his skin felt like.

"Not goodbye right? Just see you later", she whispered, holding on to him tightly.

"I promise", he replied and gave her one final kiss, his lips blending  perfectly with hers.

Tae watched Emma and Namjoon disappear in the crowd with a sad smile. It was bitter sweet but at least it wasn't as heartbreaking as the last time. He could manage. It would just be a few months and then he would get to hold her again. Until then he could hear her voice every day. His heart was at ease this time, there was no confusion.

Emma and Namjoon got comfortable in their seats in the airplane.

"So how are you, seriously?", Namjoon asked curiously. "This one was a very different trip compared to our last one".

Emma nodded.

"You know what I'm fine. I can't believe I'm saying this but for the first time since before our last trip here, I'm actually fine. I feel like I'm finding my way again, starting to like who I'm becoming", she replied.

She leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Thank you", she said, staring in front of her not wanting to make him uncomfortable.

"For what?", he asked surprised.

"For being there for me and with me all the way. I mean you even let me move in with you when I was a complete mess...you comforted me for countless nights when I thought I could not breath because of the grief...I don't think that I ever said thank you, It meant a lot", she replied.

"Ah...it's okay. You would have done the same for me, that's what friends do", he replied and looked down, a little uncomfortable by the praise she was giving him.

"I would, but still Joon, I'm grateful to you", she said and hugged his arms tightly.

"Seriously, stop it before I blush, it's uncomfortable ", he replied and shook his head.

"Joon, you should learn to accept compliments. This is like the only one I have ever given you", she said with a chuckle.

"Alright, alright, just change the subject already", he replied. "So now what Emma? What's the plan with you two?".

"The plan is to see how this goes with no other people involved in our relationship besides us two. We will try to meet up in a few months again and then see where this goes. Obviously we live on two different continents so it's complicated, but I think that he is worth the effort", she replied with a dreamy look in her eyes.

"Who is moving where?", he asked curiously."You must have had that conversation".

"That's a good question. I guess it will have to be me that moves to the US. It's really like I'm moving home", she answered with a confused expression on her face.

"So you are leaving me alone with those brats and the staff at the office? That's not going to work", he said teasingly.

"Yeah...seems a little extreme, I don't know how any of you survive without me, seriously", she teased him right back.

"No but seriously Emma, it's great to see you happy. It suits you", he replied, this time with a serious gaze.

She observed him closely, it wasn't often that he said something like that to her.

"Thank you, I am", she replied with a smile.