Twinflame

His fingers interlaced with hers, that was her favourite feeling. His determined steps walking through the garden to the breakfast table, pulling her gently behind him, his scent flowing with the wind, mesmerizing all her senses. The scent of the one she loved more than anything right now, more than she thought she ever could love anyone. Is this what they call real love?

She questioned if she really loved before in her life, because this emotion was strong enough to carry the whole universe, it felt like a newly found superpower. If there was such a thing as a twinflame, this had to be what it felt like to meet the other part of your soul. It was the kind of liberating and redemptive force that made her see the world in a whole new light, and it was beautiful, full of colours she was blind to before.

The smiles on their faces with the kind of glow only really good sex gave, gave it all away to the others. They all exchanged surprised looks with each other before anyone dared to utter a word. They knew it was going there at some point with those two , but they were still surprised that she really crossed that line. It was out of character for her for sure, at least for the Seoul version of her that they knew.

"Everyone sleep alright?", Namjoon asked carefully while staring into the eggs on his plate not to embarrass anyone.

Emma looked at him with her sharp eyes. She knew exactly what he aimed at, but she didn't want to give him the satisfaction of making her shy.

"Not really, didn't have much time to sleep to be honest, but I feel well rested somehow", she answered with a smirk.

"You guys finally did it, right?", Suga asked and took a big sip out of his coffee.

All eyes turned to Suga, as if they could not believe his bluntness.

"What? I just asked what we all already knew but still want to confirm", he said annoyed and shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

Tae smirked.

"I'm not ashamed to admit to that", he answered and grabbed Emma's hand in his. "It is no secret that I love her...", he continued.

Emma's eyes widened and she smiled in the way that only truly happy people do. She leaned her head on his shoulder and looked up at the others.

"I love him too...", she said,owning up to her emotions, saying it out loud in front of others for the first time.

Namjoon observed her. She was truly happy and deeply in love, it was obvious to him. She had a lightness to her that was missing before.

He was happy for her but he feared what the future would bring for her, this was not going to be a fairytale.

Vanessa was scrolling through her daily horoscope on her phone, to distract herself from this mornings slightly odd topic. A wide smile suddenly spread through her face and turned into a chuckle.

"Emma, you are a taurus right?", she asked curiously.

"I am", she replied, turning her focus to Vanessa.

Vanessa nodded and looked up from her screen.

"Listen to this...As the spring is coming to an end, new adventures may cross your path, especially in the area of love. Consider to follow that new force in your life, a move to a new country might be in your horizont".

Emma laughed softly but the others found it hilarious considering the situation she was in right now. It could not be more fitting.

"Maybe that's the guidance you needed right now", Vanessa continued. "Seems accurate".

"Don't make her uncomfortable guys...I'm sure it is hard enough already", Namjoon interfered like the good friend he was.

"We still have some time...We will see...", Emma said and looked down, a sadness entering her previously blissful features.

Tae noticed the switch in her mood and pulled her closer.

"Don't worry, it will be okay either way...you will always have me no matter what. It's okey....don't dwell".

She nodded and tried to smile but a rough wave of anxiety rushed over her. She had to remove herself from this conversation before she reached her breaking-point.

"I'm sorry...I need a moment...", she said quietly and excused herself from the table.

Tears streamed down her face the second she turned away and escaped through the garden toward the green hills. She found a bench at a peaceful spot overlooking the valley and sank down on it, trying to breath deeply. She felt overwhelmed to a degree she didn't recognize, powered by her emotions for Tae. Getting this close to him wasn't making it it easier. Leaving him at some point seemed impossible.

"Guys, seriously, that was so unnecessary. I know that we are all curious and loving this whole situation, but it must be hard for her, for you too Tae. It honestly isn't any of our business, unless you guys need it to be", Namjoon said at the table.

Tae nodded.

"I should go and find her I think...", Tae said and left the table with a big sigh.

He already knew where he would find her, but he feared this conversation.

Her hair was flowing in the warm breeze, her body shaking from her silent crying. He approached her slowly, not wanting to scare her. His heart ached seeing her like this. Pain was the last thing he wanted to cause her, but he knew he couldn't protect her from it.

He sat down next to her, embracing her lovingly.

"Hey...don't cry please. I can' stand to see you cry, it breaks my heart", he said softly as he embraced her face in his palms, wiping her tears with his thumbs.

His dark eyes searched for hers, but she kept her closed as silent sniffles escaped her.

"Look at me Emma...please", he continued, trying to keep his own tears away.

He could feel her pain, he shared it but had avoided to feel it skillfully until now.

Her eyes flicked open and she looked at him, tears still strolling uncontrollably down her cheeks, her eyes reflecting a turquoise color in the sun.

He shook his head slowly, gazing at her.

"My love...I understand how you feel", he said with a shaky voice. "It's my biggest fear to not have you one day soon in my life...I don't want to go back to life before you, I don't think I can...but I know I might just be borrowing you for a short moment in time".

This only increased her sadness, because this was exactly her biggest fear right now, to have to leave him. There was not one single fiber in her body that wanted to, it went against everything she felt.

"What should we do...I have no answer to that...I have to go home at some point", she managed to get out between her sniffles."Im drowning in sorrow just thinking about it".

Tears overflowed Tae's eyes too, he could feel everything she expressed, it tugged heavily at his heart.

He leaned his forehead against hers and closed his eyes, before pulling her into a tight embrace that she could not escape. He wished to keep her next to him like this forever, to protect her for any pain.

"Don't worry about me, just worry about what you want. I will support you either way", he said quietly and kissed the top of her head, before stroking her hair lovingly.

Reality...it caught up to them. Why was it so cruel. This kind of attachment to each other made everything that didn't include an easy path forward cruel. But it was worth fighting for and he wasn't going to give up this easy. She was truly his one of a kind, his one in a life. How do you let go of that?