Final chapter: Love like this

"TaeTae! I miss you!!", she answered the video call with the brightest smile, blowing air kisses to him.

He laughed on the other side at her happy reply. The way she gazed at him was till his obsession, turning his stomach wild with butterflies.

"Hey beautiful, how are you, how's your day going?", he replied her.

"It's hectic, there is just so much to do right now", she answered with a pout.

"I know, I can't say it's any better this side", he said, curiously watching her as she sat down at her desk at work. "Can't believe you are going to work when I'm going home".

"I know, it's weird right?", she replied, twisting a string of hair around her finger, watching her computer confused.

"I'm disturbing you, you should get to work babe", he said with a sad smile.

"It's sad but you are right...I wish you were here, it was much more entertaining to work with you", she replied and flashed him one of her bright smiles, the kind that made her eyes sparkle.

"I miss you...", he said with a dreamy tone.

"I miss you more Tae", she said and gazed at him sadly, her heart aching.

"Talk to you later, have a great day babe", he said and waved at her before blowing her a kiss.

"Sweet dreams, talk to you later", she said and waved back.

He hung up and rolled over in his bed with a deep sigh. It had been a month since she left. Although they talked everyday, he still missed her intensely. Everything reminded him of her and he wished badly that he could touch her, hold her, kiss her.

When he came home he felt lonely. The house was quiet and her side of the bed empty, a constant reminder of her noticeable absence.

He didn't want to complain though. He got everything he wanted, he shouldn't feel ungrateful. But it tugged at him, got under his skin more than he wanted to admit. This was so much harder than he thought it would be.

He went to bed early, it was the easiest way to make time pass and get him closer to seeing her again. It was also the easiest way to forget that he missed her for a while, to dream about her if he was fortunate enough. The first seconds before he was fully awake was the worst ones, it was the painful reminder of that she wasn't here.

Emma was walking home from work late at night. She called his number but there was no answer. The time difference was difficult to handle and adjust to. When she went home, he was waking up and the other way around. Their lives where somehow in two parallel worlds due to the time difference.

She really tried her hardest to make him feel loved and comforted, but somehow she felt like he suffered more than she did. He went home to an empty house, she didn't. She was constantly surrounded by people and places that didn't remind her of him and the times they spent together. That made a huge difference, gave her a break.

"Have a great day at work my love. I miss you"

That became the most common text between them quickly.

Early mornings she would give him a call but he was either busy in the middle of his work day and when she called later he would be on his way to an event or sleeping.

"Hey babe! It's so noisy here, I can barely hear you", he answered her from another event.

He looked magnificent in a dark suit, his dreamy locks falling effortlessly down his face.

"I just really missed you...", she replied with a sad smile.

"What? Can't hear you, I will call you later okay? I'm sorry babe", he replied, shaking his head and shrugging his shoulders.