Chapter Two: Unmasking the Sparks

To think I was gunna have a horrible time tonight was the completely ironic to how things were actually going. Lauren and Niall were cracking jokes like the hilarious couple they were and Zayn had such an interesting family sharing all kinds of funny stories and doing impressions. It was impossible not to be entertained.

After getting a bite to eat we walked around playing some games and I surprisingly was really warming up to Zayn. He was so sweet and genuine, respectful and funny. Unlike any guy I've met in a while, I couldn't put my finger on it but there was something special about him.

"Hey Ash, race me with the water guns!" Zayn waved his hand to follow him and saved me a seat.

"Get ready to loose Malik, I'm pretty beast at this game" I said and gave him a flirty push

Zayn looked at me and laughed- then the whistle was blown and the game had started.

It was neck and neck but last minute, Zayn's row filled up first.

"Alright sir which prize would you like?" An employee in that booth had asked.

Zayn looked at me before he chose and could see I was slightly embarrassed.

"Hmm..could I please have that giant teddy bear with the bow tie?"

I had walked over by Lauren and Niall who had just played another game when I felt a finger tap me on the shoulder and to my surprise I see Zayn holding a teddy bear the size him with a huge smile.

"I'm kinda glad you lost, because I was hoping I could win you one of these." Blushing on both cheeks Zayn handed me my prize

"Aww that's so sweet, thank you!" I actually couldn't stop grinning, ran and gave him a big hug and he quickly wrapped his arms around my waist- feeling instant butterflies in my stomach.

"Let's go hit up some rides!" Niall excitedly let out and we all followed.

The next hour of the night was hoping from ride to ride- going on roller coasters, to bumper cars and go karts- everything and it honestly was turning into the best night.

Soon enough the rides were shutting down and parts of the boardwalk were closing up, hinting that the night was coming close to an end. So I suggested we take a walk on the beach. The waves were slowly crashing and the moon was shining reflecting off the ocean.

"Hey, you guys good if Laur and I go back to the car she forgot her bag" Niall asked

Zayn and I both looked at each other and nodded our heads.

"Did you have fun tonight?" Zayn asked as he held my hand and we walked down the beach along the water.

"You were a complete gentlemen, won me a teddy bear and not to mention I haven't had a guy make me laugh this hard in a while, so I guess you could say it went well." I playfully pushed hm and smiled at the ground.

"Hah well Niall told me all these awesome things about you, and when you came down those stairs earlier, I took me a while to figure out what to say. Ashley you're stunning."

I couldn't believe my ears, I just hope it wasn't all talk and that he actually meant it.

Suddenly Zayn spun me towards him, now facing each other. He gently caressed my face with his hand, then leaning his forehead against mine.

"I'm glad it's dark out so you can't see me totally blushing right now." I said Ina low voice in a nervous laugh

"I make you blush huh" Zayn smiled and then with our lips just about to touch-

"Zayn! Ash!"

...it was Lauren and Niall yelling for us..