Chapter Twelve: Confrentation Always Comes with Confessions

There was a long pause, as the tears streamed down my face. Zayn’s innocent face made this even harder then it already was. I took was last deep breath and opened my mouth to begin. Ready to speak, my mind just went blank...I needed a moment to think of how to start.

“Okay, well Brent and I use to date two years ago and we ended things officially nearly a year ago and..” I began, explaining the normal stuff and slowly got to the bad parts. Stopping in-between because it was just so painful to continue and trying to speak while basically balling, was getting more difficult.

The facial expressions that Zayn had went from concerned, to absolutely shocked, to the point where he was even shedding a tear with me. He couldn’t believe that there could be such a horrid person out with intentions such as Brent’s were. I mean he emotionally and physically controlled me.

After about hour of talking I had finally finished and Zayn was furious. It was close to 5 in the morning and everyone else had gone to bed since they already knew what me and Zayn had to discuss. And honestly I was quite exhausted from this whole night myself too.

So soon enough we both just passed out on the couch until early afternoon the next day.

I woke up to find myself still snuggled in Zayn’s arms with my head on his chest and two warm blankets covering us. Just the thought of how nice Lauren and Niall were put a smile on my face. I listened for a moment to see if anyone was awake but again silence was the main song playing. I noticed Harry’s coat was gone, assuming he went tip-toed our of here earlier.

Zayn was still asleep so softly slipped away from his arms and went to the kitchen to make everyone some lunch.

About to whip up something I saw a note taped to the top of the fridge, reading..

*Hey guys, Niall and I went out for a bit and didn’t want to wake you, be back soon, call if you need anything!

- xx Lauren*

Well there went my plans, I peaked back at the couch and Zayn was still snoring, sound asleep, he was adorable-looking. Just like a human-sized teddy bear, I wanted to just go cuddle with him but I didn’t want to wake him, he had a long night and thanks to me a little bit of black eye and a bruised rib.

I went to take a shower and cleanse myself from the disgusting night I’m still in recovery from. The steam and hot water felt refreshing, just standing there and for once being able to breathe. Although the thought of having no idea where Brent is now terrifies me but ironically I have a bit of relief knowing that Zayn knows everything and the stress keeping it all from it is now gone.

I turned the water off and walked to my room thinking of what to wear. Standing in the door way in just a towel didn’t help the chills I was getting from looking at what a mess Brent caused and leaving me even with more flashbacks.

I shook my head to snap myself out of it, and went to my drawers. Choosing my long navy blue sleeve shirt that said “Valley Soccer” on it from high school, and black leggings.

About the throw my towel on the ground I felt soft lips kiss my neck. I gasped from the startled.

“Hi” Zayn let out a little laugh from my bunny hop.

“Hah you scared me, I thought you were sleeping.” I turened and smiled.

“I was until I felt cold and noticed you weren’t with me anymore” He stroked my hair and gave a gentled kiss on my lips. Then looked at me with a cheeky smile waiting for me to change.

“Oh no, don’t give me that look Malik, you can wait out in the hall” I smiled and shook my head as I jokingly pushed him to the door.

“Awe babe c’mon” He turned, grabbing my arms and giving a very innocent pout that I almost bought.

“…No, now wait there, I’ll only be a minute” I laughed and closed the door.

“Fine! I was hungry anyway, I’ll make us something to eat” He whined from the hall.

I quickly changed and met him downstairs. I snuck around the back way to get in the kitchen so that I was behind Zayn, I saw him making us some sandwiches. I laughed to myself and then ran and jumped on top of him.

“Afternoon!” I yelled as I gave him a surprise attack.

Zayn laughed and threw a piece of turkey at my face. I slid off him and looked at him, like a ninja grabbed a piece of ham and threw it on his bed-head of hair.

“Oh so you do wanna play this game, do ya?” He challenged

“I believe this is what they call..war!” I took the whole package of Turkey and ran around the corner looking for a place to hide. To my unfortunate luck, I was fast enough and Zayn was already loaded with the ham and torpedoing it at me. So I did the same to him.

Both laughing and having fun, he gave up and just began to chase me all around the house. I ran around the island of the kitchen but Zayn was too quick and caught me twirling me around by my waist. I felt like a kid again, You know when you guys chase each other on the playground at recess.

“Hah okay let me down!” I cracked up

He placed me on the counter, breathing hard looking directly at me. I couldn’t help but keep on smiling. Leaning my head on his, I realized what I had to do.

I’d never felt the way I have with him and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. But for Zayn’s safety, I felt forced to let him go. As long as he was with me, he was a target, and we both knew it, but neither wanted to say.

Once we both calmed down, we cleaned up and sat down to lunch. I was a little bit distant in the conversation during it and I wasn’t very good at hiding it either.

“Ash, you alright?” He questioned

I finished up what I was eating and took his hand and just took one last glimpse, at his beautiful hazel eyes that were glistening with the sunlight hitting them. Sucked up any feeling I had left to cry and just let it out..

“There’s something that I need you to do for me, and I know you’re not going to approve, but I’m gunna need you to overlook that and just do it for me okay?” I looked down and then back up at him.

“What is it?” He had a nervous tone in his voice, hinting that he wasn’t gunna like the next thing I had to say.

“I don’t think it’s best that you stay with me. Considering all that has happened, and the scars from last night that you now have, I think it’s best if you find someone…someone else that isn’t going to cause you so much pain…” I almost broke in the middle of it but kept it together.

Zayn sat back and shook his head, without even a hesitation, he replied

“Loosing you would bring me the most pain a man could ever humanly feel and I can’t do that. I would take a hundred hits to the face if it mean’t that I’d get to have you.”

I felt a sudden heartbreak as I knew that wouldn’t stop me from keeping him safe and away from the danger that keeps coming back to me.