Chapter Twenty Two: Its All Fun and Games till Someone Gets Hurt

I opened my eyes to the bright light pouring into my bedroom, with a morning coolness. I turned around to see Zayn still asleep, I couldn’t help but laugh quietly to myself, he was the cutest thing when he slept.

“Hm..Morning Beautiful” Zayn peaked through his eyes, yawning.

“Hi love” I rest my head back on my pillow, still looking into his eyes

“So lazy day today? Cause I’m definitely feeling it” I joked

“Yeah well I’m feelin something else” Zayn flirted and pulled me in so that I was now underneath- kissing me hard, sending love shocks throughout my whole body.

The flashbacks from last night were giving me endless goose bumps because it was absolutely perfect in every single way. Since it was Sunday, Niall had football game tickets and he took Lauren, so Zayn and I had the house to ourselves for the whole day. Timing was finally on my side and I had winter break this week as well so school wasn’t getting in the way either.

“Can you pass me my shirt please?” I asked Zayn as we got up to get some breakfast.

“Uh I think you mean my shirt babe.. you want it, you’re gunna have to reach for it” He teased dangling the shirt above me.

“Ha ha so funny- sure mock the 5’1 girlfriend” I put both hands on my hips, tapping my foot

“I guess you don’t want it then, it’s alright Ash, I like you better in just a bra anyway.” He winked, tossing the shirt over his shoulder and walked out.

I laughed and then ran and jumped on his back and took the shirt, running down the stairs, beating Zayn to the kitchen.

“And that’s how you do it, a girl never jumps, might want to write that down big boy” I messed up his hair and opened the fridge.

“How about I treat you to somewhere? We can make our own omelets any day. We haven’t gone out on a date ina while.” He closed the door leaning against it, looking so good.

“IHOP?” I eagerly asked, I don’t know why but I had been craving a stack of their pancakes lately.

“IHOP it is then” Zayn kissed my forehead and gave me a piggyback ride back upstairs.

Zayn had a drawer of his own already here, so from his options threw on his red plaid shirt, black jeans and his favorite jean jacket. Unlike him, I put a little more time into getting ready. I soon decided on black leggings with ankle high indie boots with an over-sized off the shoulder tan sweater.

“It took you that long for a sweater and leggings?” Zayn questioned, waiting a near TEN minutes.

“I’m sorry I thought a “long time” was like a half hour, might I add, that was the fastest I had ever changed along with my make up and hair mister” I jokingly sassed him, putting on my black sunglasses and spraying the last of my hair gel.

“Alright, the longer you have till your pancakes missy” Zayn messed with my hair, running to the car before I could get him back.

With the playful energy the morning brought I could tell it was going to be a good day.

--10minutes later at the restaurant--

We arrived at IHOP and I ordered my stack of chocolate chip with some coffee, while Zayn ordered some crepes and a hot chocolate. We started talking and laughing about the party and how hilarious everyone’s dancing was, along with the mix of alcohol.

When our meals finally came we were absolutely starved and dug right in, our conversation immediately ended because both of us just kept eating. I took a sip of my coffee to wake me up a little bit more, and after the third gulp, I suddenly began to cough and I couldn’t stop like I was choking on something and my throat got really hot, like it was burning. My eyes started to tear from coughing so much.