Chapter Four: There's No Way Out

"Who? What?" I shock my head in disbelief. It couldnt have been him, almost a year has pasted with out a single word from him and he randomly has the nerve to contact me?

So many emotions and thoughts swirled around in my head, I nearly lost track of where I was going.

"Lauren what did he say?"

There was a silence before she spoke..

"Ash it's not a text, it's a picture.." Lauren said in a nervous tone.

Quickly I entered the mall parking lot and parked the car in the first open spot.

Lauren handed me my phone and after unlocking the screen, my hear sank as my eyes were glued to the photo.

"How the hell did he even get this?" I thought to myself, as I stared at the stalker shot of me and Zayn's kiss from last night.

*Vibration*

It was a text from Brent.

*Babe I'm gunna win you back, ^this isn't gunna last much longer, you belong with me ;)*

"*gasp* No Ash, you are not going back down that road again, I've seen this kid hurt you one too many times and I will NOT allow it to happen again." Lauren firmly stated.

"No, No, you're absolutely right, I just, don't know don't know how worried I should be. You know how controlling he was, especially when he was drunk.." I felt tears filling up in my eyes as I flashed back to all the horrible memories.

Brent wasn't always a bad guy though. The first year we dated he was sweet and kind, but as time passed he began going out later, partying and drinking. Lying all the time to the point where I came home one day to find him in bed with two other girls. I promised myself I'd never let anyone do that to me again.

"Ignore him. His dumb attempt to try and get your to crawl back will not work this time. We're gunna have a kick as girls day and focus on your new man!" In a cheerful voice Lauren turned to me and we went on to enjoy our day together.

The rest of the day we shopped will we dropped, laughing and talking about all the cute moments from last night. Zayn had been texting all these sweet things to me throughout the hours and he really took my mind off the sour morning I had.

Phone Rings:

*And fall into my arms instead I dont' don-*

"Hello?"

"Hey Babe, its Zayn how are you?"

A kiddish smile appeared on my face when I heard Zayns voice.

"I'm alright. Whats up?" I kept it short and sweet, I didn't want my nerves to come out in ramble.

"You free tomorrow night? There's this new Italian place I would love to take you too" His voice was so low and I could almost picture the smile on his face he said it with such happiness.

"Sure, that'd be awesome!"

"Cool, I'll get you around 8, see you soon Ash!"

"Sounds good, bye love"

-----The Next Day------

"Ah so undecided Laur, what should I wear?" I paniced as time was ticking closer to 8

"ASH I got it!" Lauren pulled out a dress I had completely forgot about.

It was a short ivory strapless dress with gold sparkles that blended into to fabric.

"Silver or Gold shoes?!"

*Ding Dong*

"Gold! and it's only 720? I guess Zayn really couldn't wait to see you huh Ash" Lauren gave me a playful push and ran to the door as I finished up.

"Hey Za-...What the hell are you doing here."

"Hey Lauren I'll call you whe-" I gasped as I looked to see who was at the door.

My eyes widened as I was standing just yards away from my worst nightmare.

Brent.