Chapter Eleven: The First Strike

I felt my heart beating as I saw Brent's feet move inches and inches closer to the door.

Zayn gave me a look to stay as I was, but I just couldn't..

*eeek* Brent opened the door and the silence was on full blast.

I heard him moving around the hangers and so far nothing. Maybe Lauren moved to under my desk? Other then that, there's nowhere else to go.

"I know you're in here! Just come out before I tear up the place." Brent shouted.

*thud* the loudness of his voice made my jump and my head hit against the bed

I began shaking all over again as his footsteps were now coming my way.

Zayn mouthed to me to stay put, I refused but before I could even get his attention he had up and attacked Brent.

"That's it!" Zayn yelled and came out from under and pushed Brent back.

"I've had enough of your bullshit, now get the hell out!" I was contemplating whether to come out or not..

"My BS? Bro you haven't seen nothing." Brent threatened and punched Zayn in the face.

Zayn fell to the ground but hustled back up kneed him in the stomach and punched him in the side of the head. Brent was down but I saw him getting slowly back up, finally noticing Lauren snuck out from beneath my desk and out the door.

I wanted to shout to get her to stay because I was so nervous but I was so done with all this violence I finally crawled out from under my bed and got in the middle of Zayn and Brent.

"Stop it!" I shoved Brent away and hurried into Zayn's arms.

I could feel his chest beating fast and his breaths, breathing hard, with the expression of kill written across his face.

"Took you long enough Ash, now lets go!" Brent took a surprise attack at Zayn and kicked him in the stomach and grabbed me by my arm and began dragging me downstairs.

"Let go of me! Please stop! Brent!" I screamed as his grip got tighter. And all I could think of was the image of Zayn getting the wind knocked out of him and rolling on the floor helpless as I was alone and clearly not strong enough on my own. Harry and Niall were still left unconscious and Lauren was getting held back by Chris, Brent's best friend, who was just as worse

Brent's other friend had the car running waiting with the door open, at this point I saw nothing the darkness of outside and the wind blowing against a my tears. I dug my heels in the ground, waving my arms, trying everyday to get loose but everything was going out of my favor.

"Now get in the damn car!" Brent threw me in the car, just about to throw he seat belt over me when I see someone's hand pull him straight back, tripping him to fall from behind.

It was Zayn!

"Get your f*cking hands off my girl!" He gripped Brent's shirt, firmly saying it directly in his face. As I frantically ran from the car to behind him, within seconds he dropped Brent to the floor & came to me with a warm embrace holding me, whispering that he's never leaving my side.

Next I heard Harry, Niall, and Lauren yelling from inside and running to the front along with,...

*Police Sirens Begin sounding from down the street*

Brent quickly got up and jumped in the drivers seat with Chris quickly reaching for the car pushing us all out of the way and they drove off just as the Police turned the corner.

All of sudden there were 3 flashing red and white cop cars parked in my driveway with sirens blasting from each one.

I ran to Harry and Niall, checking to see if they were okay, while Zayn check on Lauren. They all seemed to be okay just a little bruised up but luckily nothing serious.

The great friends that they were answered all the cops questions for me while Zayn walked me inside.

We sat down on the couch, he held my hand, looking deep into my eyes and calmly asked,

"Ash, I need to know who that guy is..what happened that lead him to do all that just went on?"

My lips began to quiver as I came to the point where I had to lay it all out there and just tell Zayn the painful truth I've been trying to prevent him from knowing this entire time..