Chapter Twenty Four: An Adventure Awaits

“Alright I’m ready!” I slipped on my yellow rain boots and stood all the way on my tippy toes, giving Zayn the biggest kiss.

This getaway was so perfectly timed and I was excited for all that was to come. Despite any surprises Nina might have up her sleeve. But I wasn’t worried, learning from the past I was gunna enjoy all the good things that come over my paranoia on jealous people.

“Alright that’s the last of it” Zayn said as he packed the last bag in the trunk. We were officially off setting up too an isolated romantic destination.

It was around 8pm when we started driving and the highways were completely cleared, a few cars here and there but since there was no traffic Zayn sped on it, wanting to get there as soon as possible.

“You since the house is way in the countries you can really see the stars at night, I’m hoping we get there in time, around 10, is the best time-it’s when they shine the brightest.” Zayn turned to me, smiling and holding my hand.

“Awe I can’t wait, but I think you should stop for gas since the pointed is just about to hit the ‘E’ ” I pointed out laughing to myself.

“See this is why you’re here, I always forget to check that” He played along, pulling into a quick stop.

“Hi how are ya, fill it up with Regular please, credit, thank you” Zayn rolled down the window and instructed the employee.

“Yes Sir” The man answered taking the credit car.

“I’m gunna go get some snacks, do you want anything?” Zayn offered.

“No babe I’m good” I replied

While I was waiting for Zayn I noticed that this was the last stop between the small village we just passed and his lake house. It creeped me out to be quite honest and it was already dark, only a couple of flickering street lights here and there from time to time.

*Knock knock*

*Gasp* I jumped to see Zayn banging on the glass to open the door.

“Sorry, I was just thinking, you got everything?” I leaned over and unlocked the handle.

Zayn nodded putting the snacks in the back and we were off once again.

“How much longer do you know?” I asked after another half hour of driving.

“Almost there, I think maybe 10 minutes, not far” He calmed me, seeing I was getting a little anxious.

*Boom*

The car began to tremble and Zayn swerved loosing control, turned the car off the road but stopped it right before we hit the tree close by.

Both of us just sat there with our hearts nearly popping out of our chests. I could feel my heart beating a 200beats per second. Our eyes were open wide as we both held each others hands tight with our other gripping the arm of the side door.

“You alright” I questioned still staring at the tree inches away from us.

“Yeah you” He looked around, waiting for anything to fall but nothing, just the bad signal from the radio station.

“Yes” I gulped.

“What was that?” Zayn said aloud trying to start up the car again.

Everything was in check except the car wouldn’t move, it was shaking and weird sounds were coming out every time he stepped on the gas.

“Well clearly let’s stop pressing the peddle and go check it out” I tried to calm Zayn down who seemed to be a little worried himself.

“It’s a flat...” I went out and checked the back right tire.

“Well I got a spare I just change it real quick.” Zayn sounded relieved.

“No no, I swear I had one in here, Niall helped me with it right before the party?” He frantically looked for it yet it was pretty clear that there was no tire in the trunk.

“It does okay just relax…um you said it’s not to far right?”

“Yeah…what did you have in mind?” Zayn looked at me with a peculiar expression.

“I don’t wanna go this anymore than you do but I think we’re gunna have to push…” I bit my finger, waiting for his opinion on the suggestion.

“Hah Ash you’re funny…this is why people have Tripl-” He checked his phone quickly realizing there was no service to call Triple A.

We looked up and down the road checking to see if any cars were coming but nothing. So we rolled up our sleeves, I tired my hair back and prepare for a very long “walk.”

For what seemed to be hours, it was only a half hour until I began to see the shimmering reflection of moonlight bouncing off the surface of the lake. The driveway was just a block away.

“Zayn look!” I shouted right before I slipped and fell into a puddle of mud.

“Ha you got a little..”

“Funny. Just so funny” I tried to get up but slipping back on the ground, getting dirtier. Zayn had no hesitation and leaned against the car laughing at my clumsiness.

“Here let me help you” He bit his lip trying not laugh

“Thanks”

“Whoa!”

“And that’s how it’s done” I pulled Zayn down and I got up, wiping off some of the mud.

“You’re not done yet babe” Zayn sat up pulling me back down with him.

“Ah!”

We immediately started laughing realizing we were rolling around in mud in the early night. I figured since I was already dirty, why not just enjoy the night sky, I looked up at all the stars and they were all so beautiful.

“Ash…it’s 10” Zayn smiled and turned to me pointing out at the big dipper, then leaning in and brushing his soft lips gently against mine giving me goose bumps all over my body.

After our not so clean make out session we soon realized it that we needed to shower and get to the house since it was getting darker. So we pushed the car the little bit more that was left and hurried in with our bags.

“Wow this place is stunning” I exclaimed taking in all the detail of the decoration, modernized furniture and the window

“Hah yeah it’s my parents but they rarely come here anymore so it’s kinda mine-ish, along with my sisters but they don’t care to come because of the drive to get here.” Zayn explained as we made our way upstairs.

“But tomorrow we can take a nice hike, I know a great spot where it overlooks all of the mountains and it’s so beautiful in at sunrise.”

“Well I can’t wait” I walked over to Zayn and wrapped my arms around him, taking in his secure embrace as he held me close.

We went out side and rinsed ourselves off from all the dirt and took a quick shower, and crashing in bed. But I slept with a smile on my face anticipating for what awaited us tomorrow.