Chapter Eighteen: Starting Over

The sun was shining and the morning was warm as I retuned to Zayn’s room after putting my stuff in the car, finally ready to bring him home.

“You ready love?” I asked

“Yeah, would you help me up though, still hurts a lot” Zayn asked struggling.

I put his arm around my shoulder and got him on both feet. Walking him to the car a fresh breeze swept across the atmosphere and I looked up at him, as he was smiling taking in nature at its best.

I brought Zayn’s Chris Brown CD and blasted “Yeah 3x” on the way home since that was his favorite song from the album. We both sang like idiots and rocked out, getting weird stares from passing cars at traffic lights.

But the happiness that I had in my heart could not be bothered. It was like a refreshing new start. My grades were up again, Family was great and now I had Zayn with me instead of in a depressing hospital room lying helpless.

We arrived back at his condo, helping him to through the door and up the stairs, gently sitting down on the couch. Since his rib was still healing it hurt to walk.

“So nice to see this place again” Zayn said leaning back, closing his eyes and taking a deep breathe.

“I know, I’m so happy you’re home babe” I snuggled next to him

“Me too Ash, me too” He rested his head on mine staring into nothing

“Do you want anything to eat/drink?” I questioned as I sat up

“Some tea would be great, Thank you”

He kissed me softly and I nodded with pleasure to get anything he wanted.

I hurried back with some toast as well.

“Be careful it’s hot”

He blew and took a sip “You know I could get use to this, you- as my personal slave” He winked

“Ha ha, when did you get so funny? Oh that’s right you’re not” I laughed, snuggling back into his arms. My heavy heart, now a weightless cloud, soon enough we fell fast sleep to the sound of old cartoon re-runs on the TV.

---- 6 Weeks Later-----

“Okay now everyone knows their part, and don’t forget, not a word to Zayn” I looked around clarifying the plan

Zayn had fully recovered and the rest of us couldn’t have been more happy, along with the fact that his 20th birthday was approaching within a couple of days. After the crazy previous weeks I wanted to go all out and make it something really special.

Since I had been basically living at Zayn’s I had gotten to know Liam and Louis’s girlfriends quite well and they were so creative with party planning I couldn’t pass up a chance of having their input on it all.

Danielle knew anyone who was anyone in the entertainment business so she covered that aspect while Eleanor got cracking the decorations, while Lauren and I figured out how to fit all this into our house. We had a pretty big backyard and a home-y touch would add a nice feeling to it.

The rest of the boys made the guest list and made the invitations. Every time Zayn went to help out his Uncle at his restaurant, we would all secretly meet discussed the event of the year.

----5 days later----

Soon enough Saturday night had arrived and everything was in place. All we had to do was get Zayn to the house. I left with everyone picking a place to hide, waiting on my call.

*Ding Dong*

“He- wow Ash you sure know how to take my breath away” He looked me up and down and pulled me in for one passionate, heart stopping, head spinning kisses.

“And you know how to leave me out of breath” I bite my lip, smiling into his hepatizing eyes.

“Eh, just something you’re born with” He winked and kissed me once more.

“You know if we keep this up, we’re gunna miss our dinner reservation” I wrapped my arms around his neck

“It’s my birthday, haven’t they heard of fashionably late?” Zayn locked his lips in mine once more and soon enough we were just two kids makin out like it was the first time.

“Ok now we really have to go, seriously” I batted my eyes and grabbed his hand

“Not yet..” He pulled me back in for one last heart racing kiss and then we were off.

“Oh shoot, I forgot my clutch at home, you mind if we stop real quick to get it?” I sweetly asked

“Is there even a choice, babe you’re the one driving” A playful smirk appeared

I shook my head with a silly smile on my face and made the next left pulling onto my street.

“Can you come with me? It’s late and you know how I am with the dark..” I pouted my red lips and batted my think eyelashes.

“Come on Scared-Cat” Zayn opened his door and walked over to me.

I quickly sent a text to Lauren right before Zayn made his way to me and everything was officially in place.

I shook my key and fumbled with them to stall, slowly opening the door, Zayn had one hand in his pocket and the other on my shoulder, completely unaware what was about to happen.

Switched on the Lights and… “SURPRISE!!”

All of Zayns friends and family popped out from behind the couches and tables and blew into the party favors making all sorts of noises, while the DJ started mixing up some tunes.

“You did all this for me?” Zayn pulled me to the side, closing the door behind him.

“Yeah, you deserve it Zayn, you’ve put up with some much about me the past few months, tonight is your night. The spotlight is on you, and of coarse we have to go all out, only turning 20 once big boy” I smiled, giving a him a quick peck on the cheek.

“Ash you didn’t have to-”

“Ah- yes I did, and I had a little help from the crew, now come on, this is your party, lets enjoy it!” I interrupted with excitement.

“You do know you’re the best..right?” He softly whispered, pulling me in closer

“I’ve been told once or twice” I fixed Zayn’s hair and escorted him through to all of his guests.

Tonight was mean’t to be all about him and I definitely was going to make it one an unforgettable one.