Chapter Three: Things Are Never Just That Easy

I took a deep sigh and leaned my head against Zayn's chest.

"Of all the chances" I whispered under my breath.

Niall and Lauren were getting closer and Zayn still hadn't let go. Snugged up in his strapping arms gave me a real secure feeling and to be honest I didn't want it to end.

"There you two are, we got the car running, it's almost 2am and Niall has work early" Lauren said looking guilty for clearly ruining the almost- kiss. I just looked at her with a *we'll discuss this later* face.

On the way home I completely knocked out, and woke up to find myself cuddling my bear and leaning on Zayn's shoulder with his head on mine. It was officially, I was really starting to fall for him.

Arriving back home, Lauren walked Niall back his car, leavig Zayn and I completely alone.

"Here let me walk you to the door" Zayn politely offered.

I smiled and put my arm around his.

"I had a lot of fun tonight, thanks for showing me a good time, I really needed it" I blushed as I tried avoiding an awkward silence.

"Yeah same here you're a blast. We should uh..maybe..do this again sometime?" The fact that he has a hard time asking me out was just so adorable me, I was in no way refusing.

"Hah absolutely, looking forward to it"

Soon enough I felt Zayn's hands grab my waist pulling me into him. Looking me straight in the eyes, he smiled at me. In a way that showed It had actually happiness behind it. All my nerves came rushing back and I bit my lip. Slowly he lifted my chin with his finger and our lips were finally touching. Instant butterflies fluttered around in my stomach. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pulled me in closer too him without breaking the kiss with our lips moving in sync.

"I'll see you soon love" catching his breathe Zayn kissed my forehead and said goodnight.

I walked in said and leaned on the door as it closed replaying the kiss over and over in my head. It was absolutely perfect.

-------Next Morning---------

"Ashley!" Lauren shouted when she jumped on me hinting to wake up. Moments like this make me second guess why we live together.

"*yawn* hi Laur" I said as I threw my pillow over my face not wanting to get up.

"So are you gunna say it or should I? Because I KNOW you had an amazing night last night! That good night kiss, even Niall and felt the sparks between you two and that kiss!" Lauren rambled with excitement.

"Ah I know, Lauren, just talking about it I get all giddy with butterflies, he is so refreshing compared to all my past relationships." I sat up with a happy love struck look in my eyes.

"Ok well we're definitely having a girls day, we can get mani-pedi's and go shopping, while you tell me everything that happened, oh starting with the beach!" The way Lauren was talking I think she was more excited then I was. But this is why she's my best friend.

I took a quick shower, shared a small breakfast and we were on our way to the mall.

When suddenly my phone vibrated.

"Laur check it for me, maybe It's Zayn" I said while trying to keep my focus on the road.

"Ash..it's Brent."

My mouth dropped...