Chapter Five: Out With the Old and in With the New

My heart dropped. Beating faster and faster the more I just looked at him.

"Laur close the door." I stood firm, my arms crossed and my glare directly at Brent.

"Ha I don't think so." Putting his foot in between the door, he pushed the door open, almost knocking Lauren over and began walking towards me.

"No phone call, no text, that's not cool Ash. Especially when you don't tell me you're seeing someone new? Not looking good for you. What am I gunna do with you? " Inches from my face I could feel him trying to intimidate me.

"No Brent, I don't know whats going on in your little head but we are DONE. Now get your grimy punk ass out of my house!" I had it. Playing the same old cards was not working on me. I pushed him away from my face and threw him out, locking the door shut. And sat down on the couch, my face in the plam of my hands, shaking my head.

"You just wait, this isn't the end babe, We'll be together soon." He banged on the door as he yelled from outside

Lauren looked threw the peep hole until she saw Brent take off in his car. Then immediately ran to comfort me.

"You finally stood up to him! You did it Ash! Don't let him scare you, you have so many friends behind you. We won't let him hurt you again."

I just sat there, leaning my head on Lauren's shoulder replaying the scene that just occurred. I was happy but yet still so nervous of what might still happen. It's always unpredictable when it comes to Brent.

"Thanks Laur, I'm just so glad you were here. I can't even imagine if I was alone." I hugged her as she wiped the tears from my eyes. Then I cleaned myself up, preparing for an amazing night with Zayn.

------half hour later---------

With the extra time that I had, I curled my hair and just finished as the clock strook 8pm.

"Hey Ash I think I see Zayn's car! You ready?"

"Yes! Get the door please I just gotta find my clutch." I was so excited I spazzed a little bit like every girl does when they're into a new guy.

"Hey Zayn!" I heard Lauren said when she opened the door.

"Hey what's up Lauren" He said walking in.

"She'll be down in a sec" Lauren and him chatted on the couch until I finally came down.

I starte walking down the stairs and both of their heads turned with what seemed to be open mouths. I could tell Lauren was trying to hold in her girly "eeep" as Zayn approached me.

"Wow Ash, you..you...wow, you look beautiful!" His eyes lite up when tried to get the sentence out.

His little stutter from nerves I found adorable. I just couldn't stop smiling after that, like I was in a trans or something.

"These are for you, I remember you told me you loved the color purple." Zayn blushes as he handed me a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

"Awe thank you, that's very thoughtful." I gave him a kiss on the cheek and gave them to Lauren to put in a vase of water.

"We'll take care of these, you two have fun tonight!" Lauren hugged us both and we were on our way.

Tonight was gunna definitely going to be a night a wouldn't forget.