Chapter Ten: Trouble Never Comes Just Once..or Alone

*Bang! Bang! Bang!*

I immediately looked at Lauren in a Panic. There was nowhere to go, nowhere to hide, any which way I could even attempt to sneak out, Brent or his violent friends would get me.

“I’ll get the lights!” Niall jumped from the floor and ran shutting off all the lights so that we had darkness on our side.

“Ash, don’t you worry, you’re not alone and we will NOT let him in or get to you.” Lauren whispered. Niall and Harry shook their heads in agreement.

“Ash what’s going on? You’re shaking..” Zayn held on to me even tighter as he asked the question I was hoping I never had to answer.

I looked up, just staring into his eyes, opened my mouth and…nothing, no words. I had absolutely no idea how to even begin this whole nightmare that just kept coming back to me.

Thankfully Harry jumped in and just briefly stated

“Her controlling ex has been harassing her lately and is determined to get her. There’s no time to explain the rest but we just gotta ge-”

“ASHLEY, I’m getting sick of waiting around! If you won’t come out, WE are coming in!”

Just the sound of that, made me jump, at this point I was trembling.

“Okay, okay, Ash lets go upstairs and lock ourselves in your room, they know we’re in this room and we gotta move” Zayn suggested sounding so worry, he was basically caring me upstairs I was so out of everything.

“Lauren you go with them, Harry and I will keep checking around to see where they go.”

Niall said under his breathe.

“No, I don’t wanna leave you what if he hu-”

“Lauren go! I will not allow it” Niall started getting very protective and angry. I could tell he’s had enough of Brent. He’s been through it all, as much as Lauren has. So I understood why he was being so demanding.

Laur just looked at him, pouted her lips, and this gave him a one quick hard kiss and went upstairs with Zayn and I.

“Lauren you stay with Ash, I’m gunna help the guys out. Don’t even know this kid and I already wanna destroy him I can-”

“No, please stay! The only way I can even remotely get through this, is if I have you with me. Please don’t go...please.” I held both his hands and looked deep in his eyes.

He ran his hand through his hair then pulled me in and kiss my forehead, reassuring me he wasn’t going anywhere.

“Thank you” I just hid myself in his chest and his arms holding me rocking slowly side to side, giving me the secure feeling, that got me to ease up the tears.

“I’m not going anywhere. You’re safe with me.”

We all hid in my room, locking the door. For a while it was silent, which I assumed was a good sign, because for about 10 minutes I thought Brent had given up and left.

*Booom* It was the sound of a patio chair breaking through our deck door. That’s when all hell broke loose. I contemplated calling the cops because I didn’t feel like dealing with the paper work and having cops involved. Stupid I know but I’m just not that dramatic.

My mind-set entirely changed when I heard a punch go down. And Harry yell out in anger as I heard another punch go down.

“Niall!” Lauren called out quickly covering mouth, hoping they didn’t hear her.

“Oh my God, I can’t take this anymore. I’m calling the cops” I frantically dialed my phone and gave the 911 operator the info.

“They said they should be here soon. Apparently there’s some hold up two towns over?” I announced aloud. This would happen to me and only me. There’s an intruder in my house and the cops are telling me to “hang in there?” No.

*eeek*

My eyes widened as I heard footsteps creeping up the stairs. Niall’s and Harry’s voices no where to be heard.

“You check in there and I’ll check over here. They’re up here, I know it.” I heard Brent’s voice.

Lauren ran in to hide in the closest. While Zayn and I slid under my bed and I covered mouth because I this point I was hyperventilating and tears were streaming down my face.

“Babe I won’t let him hurt you. Just breathe. The doors locked.” Zayn whispered trying to comfort me. I nodded my head and just stared down the door.

Suddenly the door knob began to shake. With Brent’s aggravations on the opposite side.

“I found you! Nowhere to run this time Ash!”

Zayns grip got even strong and I could feel him getting hot from the anger building up, when finally… it happened.

Brent knocked open the door and walked in. My body went completely numb as he headed for the closet…