Chapter Twenty Seven: Caught in the Act

“Ashley!” Zayn cried out, as he pushed Nina off him and ran after me.

Tears flooded my eyes as I shook my head, quickening my pace, walking faster back to the car as the rain still poured down.

“Ash! Please, it’s not wha-“

“No!” I turned around, clenching my fists.

“Don’t you DARE tell me it’s not what it looks like.” I screamed with tears streaming down my face.

“Baby I swear, please just come with me back inside” Zayn tried to grab my hands, but I pulled them back, with a crushed expression and my lips quivering.

“You wanna explain? Ok go..” I stepped back crossing my arms.

“I-I- ok..uh well-” Zayn stumbled over his words.

“Yeah that’s what I thought.” I interrupted and turned back to walking away.

“No Ash please it’s really not what you think! Nothing happened, just stay please I lov-” Zayn ran and cut me off, standing in front of me.

“Stop! Just stop with the lies! Zayn we’re done. Don’t look at me, talk or even think of me, ever again. You sicken me and I never want to see you again!” I yelled through my tears, backing away as I said my finally words and ran back to the car, driving off.

The last thing I saw was Zayn running up to the front gate and then on the street in the pouring ran, stunned after what just happened and watching me leave. But I didn’t care; no one could have been more heartbroken than I was at this moment.

---Back with Zayn---

Zayn walked back to the front porch and sat down on the steps staring out into the night, comprehending what just happened.

“See, she didn’t even listen, shows she doesn’t care enough to be with you…all that planning was so worth it.” Nina said softly as she made her self comfy, sitting down next to him.

“…what planning? What are you talking about…” Zayn took his head out of his heads and looked at her, with a confused expression.

“Zayn please, you couldn’t possibly think someone of her standards could have so much bad luck all at once.” Nina explained as she brushed his arm, cuddling up to him.

“What? That was you?!” Zayn pulled his arm away and stood up raising his eyebrows.

“Who else would it be? I had to do something to break the girl, how else was I gunna get you back?” Nina continued without a care in the world of how bad her actions really were.

“My God, she was right…” Zayn quietly whispered to himself, looking down shaking his head.

“But it’s okay, now it’s the way it should be, us two-together again” Nina smiled, looking directly into Zayn’s eyes.

“NINA get this through you’re stubborn, unstable brain, WE are NEVER going to be together ever again. You just ruined the best thing that ever happened to me! You tried to KILL her! You’re mad!” Zayn yelled out all of his anger on what was finally clear to him.

“No, I’m not! I’m just in love and sometimes you do crazy things when you’re in love, Zayn please, I can change, just stay with me, I promise you I’m worth it!” Nina pleaded, with now tears fluttering her eyes.

“Get hell off of me you mental bitch.” Zayn pushed her off, running in and locking the door behind him.

“I gotta get Ash back.” He said to himself as he padded him pockets feeling for his keys and ran to the garage, leaving Nina, outside banging on the door, beginning to be let back in.

He drove his parent’s spare car outside the garage and closed the door shut fast right as Nina got it and back up fast about to when Nina ran to the window.

“How am I supposed to get home?” She screamed from outside.

“Find your own ride, home wrecker.” Zayn cracked open the window for a mere second and then drove off.

----Back with Ashley----

“And then I opened the door to see them sucking faces, Lauren I seriously can’t believe it, I’m so hurt and the whole hour I’ve been in the car, I’ve been sobbing. I just got passed the storm and I’m 5minutes from our house.” I explained to Lauren.

“Oh gosh sweetie I’m so sorry! I’ll be here right when you get home, making some hot chocolate now! See you in two love” Lauren said and then hung up, so I wouldn’t be even more distracted while I was still driving.

I pulled in to my driveway and quickly ran into the house; Lauren was waiting by the door in her PJ’s with a cup of coco and a hug.

I took off my jacket and hugged her tightly for a while, missing the comfort of real friend.

“Ash you’re soaked, lets get you into a hot bath and some warmer clothes. We have all night to talk okay?” She looked me in the eyes with a reassuring smile.

I nodded, closing the door and making my way upstairs.

The steam of the hot water hitting my skin was the most refreshing thing I’ve felt all day, the warm water, chased away all the goosebumps on my body and slowly calmed me down, as I took a deep breath and cleansed myself from this awful day.

“I laid out from comfy sweats on the bed for you” Lauren pointed as I walked in shivering from the cool air of the hallway compared to the bathroom.

“Thanks Laur” I gave a weak smile and quickly changed into an old high school soccer long sleeve and gray leggings with some fuzzy socks.

“Ugh seriously you have no idea how nice It feels to be back home.” I took a deep breath, putting both legs up on the bed and leaning against the wall, taking a big sip of my drink.

“You’re a strong girl; you’re gunna get through this okay?” Lauren climbed on to the bed and gave me a hug.

We continued talking about what I missed while I was away and some small talk until we were both sound asleep.

---Next morning---

“I’m telling you Lauren, he didn’t do on purpose, he came straight to my house last night absolutely gutted…” I heard Niall whisper from downstairs

I barely got my eyes opened and I had forgotten all about last night until I heard

“Yeah but he didn’t pull away and that’s the reason Ash is done with him.” Lauren was sharing the short version of how and why I ended everything completely.

I pulled the covers over my head and let out a big scream into my pillow, letting out a small amount of pain that was only going to grow as I prepared for the heartache I was soon to be dealing with.