Chapter Twenty One: Bittersweet Endings

“How the hell did she even get my number?” I thought to myself. Just when I was beginning to forget about her, she settled herself right back in.

I looked around for Zayn and saw him laughing with the guys and reminiscing the fun moments from tonight…I couldn’t break this to him. He just got back to being happy and relaxed again.

“Ash! Ash!” Lauren snapped her fingers in front my face, making me jump out of my thoughts.

“Oh sorry Laur, what’s up?” I asked shaking my head trying to think straight.

“Help me take this outside would ya?”

“Sure of coarse” I answered

After 2 hours of cleaning, we both carried out the last of the trash bags, and the house was back to normal.

“Ugh great we’re all done, lets get back in quick, it’s chilly” Lauren said shivering tossing the final bag into the dumpster.

“Wait Lauren I need to talk to you, but you can’t say anything. Promise me?” I pulled her aside

“Yeah of course, what’s going on?” She asked rubbing her hands together, trying to keep them warm.

“Read this and then tell me what to do, because I’m speechless” I said passing her my phone.

I saw her eye brows raise and her mouth drop, re-reading the text over and over, trying to think of what advice to give me because she had no idea what to do either.

“Ash, that’s threat. You could report her, you have witnesses from tonight..” Lauren looked up from the screen, handing it back to me.

“I know but I just got out of the whole mix of that and I don’t need a repeat of it and I don’t want to tell Zayn because we all know what his solution would be for it.. Laur I’m completely stuck.” I whispered, covering my face in my hands.

“I see your point…do you want to ask Dani and El what you should do? Since they’ve dealt with her before and they would know what to do. Maybe the same thing happened to them” She suggested.

“I don’t know because what if they like freak out and I don’t know plus then if all 4 of us know, Zayn is bound to find out and I can’t have that.” I debated, biting my lip.

“Ok well for right now I would just leave it alone, she can’t have a fight if the other person isn’t fighting back right? Just ignore her for now, and again- you have all of us to back you up.” Lauren gave me a hug, reassuring my safety was not in jeopardy.

Yet I felt like it was. We walked back inside and met back up with everyone, ready to crash.

“Ok well we’re gunna head out, Dani has rehearsal tomorrow, we’ll see you guys later!” Liam said his goodbyes along with Danielle.

“Yeah I’ve got a shoot early tomorrow and I gotta try to get some amount of sleep, Ash text me we weren’t done talking before!” El shouted waving one hand and holding Lou’s in the other.

“Oh Ash, real quick” Danielle motioned for me to come while Liam got the car.

“What’s up girl” I hurried over

“I know earlier with Nina was intense and I’m sorry for acting that way, but she is a spineless, manipulative person. When she said that she gets what she wants, it’s true. And I just wanted you to know, if she tries to get to you or anything PLEASE let me or El know. We got your back, us girls got to stick together, so don’t hesitate, okay?” Danielle put her hand on my shoulder encouraging me to put faith in her words.

“Thank you, I really do appreciate it. Drive safe and text me when you’re home so I know you’re alright!” I gave her a quick hug and then all four of them were off into the night.

“Well I’m beat, let’s go to bed Laur, sleep tight guys” Niall yawned

“Sure, night guys!” Lauren said half a sleep leaning on Niall all the way upstairs and to her room.

All that was left was me, Zayn and the suspense of my phones vibration signaling another threat from the devil herself.

“I think it’s a cuddling with a movie kinda night, dontcha think? Your choice, I just wanna cuddle.” Zayn said holding me tight in his arms, swaying us back in forth.

“Ugh yes please, that sounds so perfect right now” I buried my face in his shirt, closing my eyes, so tired but not enough to fall asleep.

I decided a Comedy was much needed, so I put on Step Brothers to distract myself. I quickly changed into one of Zayn’s big long sleeve sweaters, and Sophie’s. Comfy and ready for a movie night, even though it was basically 4am so technically morning?

“Babe hurry I’m cold” Zayn pouted his lips, opening up the sheets, making room for me to join him.

I jumped on to the bed and into his arms. Cuddling with Zayn I swear was like the biggest stress reliever of all. He was so gentle and muscular that I got that 5 year old girl excitement in me and I just never wanted to leave.

---Halfway through the movie---

“I had the great time tonight babe and I haven’t properly thank you’d for it” Zayn looked at me in a seductive way, rolling over so that I was now beneath him.

“Oh you haven’t?” I played along

“Nope” Zayn whispered in my ear.

Just two inches from my lips, I could feel him breathing on me, waiting for his lips to press against mine, he does the unexpected and immediately starts tickling me, catching me off guard. I instantly started cracking up, trying to push his hands away but I wasn’t strong enough.

“Hah Zayn, haha Zayn stop! I can’t haha!” I couldn’t even get a word in I began to cry from laughing so hard.

“What Ash that’s all you got? So weak..” He laughed at my defeat

Next he pinned me to the bed, hovering his shirtless, panting body over mine, looking deeply in my eyes.

“What?” I shyly asked biting my lip.

“Nothing, I’m just taking in your laugh..your smile...that little twinkle in your eyes, all your little things.” Zayn leaned in slowly and softly rested his lips against mine, making me feel all of his sweet words.

His cool lips with his warm breath made my heart skip beat. I had never wanted him more, running my fingers up from his neck through his hair. His bare hand holding my waist and the other on my cheek.

Our pace was moving faster and faster, both him and I getting caught up in the moment, and before I knew it I, he lifted up my shirt and slipped off my bottoms.

“Ash wait...are you sure, you’re ready?” Zayn pulled away out of breath, politely asking before we took it any further.

“..I’m sure” I said smiling.

He smiled at me and continued on, stoking the hair away from my face and kissing my neck then moving back up to my lips. The feelings I felt for him were stronger than ever, I pulled the sheets over us and I knew it was now.. a perfect night. One I was going to smile about with butterflies in my stomach every time it entered my mind.

It was gentle, sweet and yet unexpected, just how I imagined it would be.