Chapter 7

I've been living in the skeleton brother's house for almost a few weeks now. Papyrus and Aliza are getting along just fine, however, Sans still doesn't seem to like her and instead spends most of his time with me. Whether it is to make sure I eat or to simply chat a bit or to just sit there and enjoy the silence when Papyrus leaves with Aliza. I've gotten comfortable around him, or really I guess Jack has, he used to hiss or even strike at Sans if he made even one wrong move.

Now Jack would rub his head to get attention from Sans. My strength is now up, I have been able to move around, doing some chores while Papyrus and Aliza were away. "Why do you insist on me keeping your sock on the floor?" I questioned as I looked over at Sans with a raised brow, standing right next to a lone sock on the living room floor, giving him a confused stare.

He just shrugged, "Just to bug Papyrus really, it's funny watching him get dramatic over a sock." A sad smile decorated his features, "It kind of reminds me of old times." He mumbled as I glanced down at the sock before smiling as well.

"I understand." I say as I move away from the sock to clean the kitchen. I never questioned what happened in the underground, I can kind of guess. They couldn't exactly grow food in the underground, or a lot of it anyway causing things to lead to starvation as the population of monsters grew in the underground. Then, due to the lack of food, it lead to cannibalism and the consumption of humans.

I grabbed a rag from the edge of the sink, squirting a small dose of soap on top of it, wetting down the rag for a moment before wipinging down the counters as well as the table, pushing any crumbs into my hand to throw away.

I turn around to throw the crumbs into the trash, whipping around when I hear a whirring sound, reality seeming to split apart to reveal a white glowing portal, I couldn't see anything inside it, curious I took a step closer. "Sans!?" I called out in question, confused by what this thing was.

I hear lazy footsteps heading my way, "What is it- (Y/N)! Get away from there!" He shouted as his eyes were wide, lunging forward as he reached out for me, my amber colored eyes looking at him confused by his reaction. Before I hear Jack hiss in warning just as blue strings shoot from the portal, wrapping around my soul tightly before pulling me through the portal. "No!" I hear Sans shout as I fell face first in a pile of snow, pushing myself up calmly as the string unwrapped around my soul disappearing into the portal before it closed up.

I then looked around, finding this scenery familiar, "Was I just teleported outside of the house?" I questioned in a confused tone, as I pushed myself up to my feet before choosing a direction to walk in letting out a small sigh. "Well at least I have a sweater this time." I mumble as I dusted off the clingy snow from my new crimson sweater Papyrus made for me since my other one was shredded and full of holes.

"ANOTHER HUMAN!"

Sans's POV

I watched in horror as the portal began to close, "No! Don't-" I reached out to grab something before it could close but it was too late. The portal closed, leaving no evidence it was even there to begin with. My eye socket became blank just like my other one, as I stared at the spot the portal opened before my red eye returned, my shocked look turning into a furious one. "Error." I growled as I whirled around, stomping out of the kitchen, grabbing my axe along the way as I stomped down into the basement, going towards the machine. I began to push and twist a few things on his machine before putting in the numbers of the universe I wanted to go to as well as the coordinates on where to land.

I slammed my hand down on the on button, the machine began to work as a portal opened next to the machine. I walked through, stepping into a black corridor, the portal closing behind me as I walked down the long corridor. The only colors I could see were Black, dark purple, and a little bit of grey, even outside looked almost dead and grey. No bright colors in sight, not a source of positivity.

I burst through the large doors, using my foot to kick them in as I glared at the black gooey skeleton sitting on the throne, next to him was his loyal servant who looked just like him and I, except he had a red bullseye in the middle of his chest as black streaks almost like tears came from his eye sockets.

"Ah Horror, what a pleasant surprise." Nightmare spoke with a sadistic grin, he already knew why I was here and he was loving my reaction. "What brings you here? I don't believe I called you." He added, his grin widening.

"You know exactly why I'm here." I growled, adjusting the grip on my axe as I pointed it at him. "Where is she?" I questioned in a growl, my free hand clenched into a fist.

"Since when did you care about a human?" I looked over sharply to see another skeleton that looked almost exactly like me with a hood over his head as his blue and purple pin pricks locked onto me. "The last time I remembered, you were trying so hard to get rid of your own. Why the sudden change?" He questioned further as he twirled a sharp purple bone in his hand.

"It's not the same as human Dust. It's a different one, one that is apparently the original human's older sister." Nightmare answered, not taking his gaze off me. "Relax Horror." He spoke with a sigh. "She is in fact in a much safer place than being in your world."

(Y/N)'s POV

"ANOTHER HUMAN!" An excitable voice exclaimed behind me, as I turned around to come face to face with a skeleton who looked almost exactly like Sans ... except he didn't have a hole in his skull while also wearing grey armor, blue gloves, and a blue bandana around his neck. His pinpricks turned into stars as he looked at me. "BROTHER LOOK!" He called out just as a skeleton that looked similar to Papyrus except he didn't have crooked teeth and was wearing an orange hoodie.

"What is it bro? Oh ... another human?" The tall skeleton question as he held a cigarette in his mouth, the cigarette somehow floating when he spoke. "Who might you be?" He questioned, reminding me of Sans in a way, his question not really meant to be a threat but his eyes spoke in warning.

"I'm (Y/N) ... am I in Snowdin?" I questioned, looking at the two skeletons, confused.

"WHY YES YOU ARE HUMAN!" The skeleton that looked like Sans spoke with a bright smile. "OH BUT WHERE ARE MY MANNERS!? MY NAME IS SANS AND THIS IS MY BROTHER PAPYRUS!" He introduced, my brows contorting into confusion. 

"You're not Sans and Papyrus." I state, taking a small step back, glaring at them with suspicion.

The two looked at each other confused before their eyes lit up in realization, "You from another universe. Aren't you?" The "Papyrus" questioned, looking at me with a raised bone brow, taking out the cigarette and tossing it into the snow.

"Another universe?" I questioned further, looking at the two confused.

"WHY YES HUMAN! THERE ARE MULTIPLE VERSIONS OF US AND THIS PLACE! WE CALL IT THE MULTIVERSE!" The "Sans" informed, a bright smile still on his features as he practically jumped up and down in one spot.

"Multiverse?" I questioned further, tilting my head to the side as interest sparked in my gaze.

"Just ... describe to us what your world is like, kid and we can get you there." 

Sorry for the long wait guys! I'm trying to publish as much as I can before school starts up again. Lately I have been busy, along with getting into a new relationship who he is now got positive with COVID which now brought my mood down a lot. Thank you for your patience and understanding :)