Prologue

The wind howled, shaking the trees violently, seeming to hide the night sky even more. Heavy breathing and rapid footsteps, were almost dulled by the sound of the branches clattering together. "Quickly Aliza." One girl spoke calmly, her (h/c) hair moving with the wind, her (s/c) skin littered with small cuts looking as if she ran through a bramble bush, her amber eyes gleaming with hope and satisfaction. She wore a tattered black sweater with ripped blue jeans, something white wrapping around her neck, however her feet were bare and covered with dirt.

"I'm trying (Y/N)." The other girl responded, her short brown hair hovering over her shoulders, her pale skin didn't seem to be littered in many scratches, and her brown eyes gleamed with fear and terror. She wore a tattered purple dress, which stopped a few inches above her ankles, and just like the other girl, she wore bare feet.

"I know." The amber eyes girl responded, before spotting something out of the corner of her eye, a cave, an opening in the mountain. The barks of dogs echoed across the forest as men shouted, seeming to be searching for something. "This way." She led the younger girl into the cave, keeping a hold of her hand.

"T-They are going to find us." Aliza whimpered, glancing behind her as she ran deeper into the cave with (Y/N) leading her.

"No they won't." (Y/N) replied calmly, not looking back as she ran deeper and deeper into the cave, before she skidded to a stop before she could run right into the large hole.

"We're trapped." Aliza spoke in a panic, her body beginning to tremble in fear as she gazed down into the darkness below before turning around to look at the opening of the cave.

(Y/N)'s eyes narrowed as she gazed down into the hole, before she stroked her finger along the white thing around her neck, feeling the smooth scales beneath her fingers. "Jack, is it safe?" She questioned as as a snake head moved up from the white bundle, he yawned as large fangs were shown. He flicked his tongue in and out, before turning his head, hissing at the opening. "Apparently the hole is safer compared to what is waiting outside." (Y/N) confirmed, looking down into the hole with a curious look.

Aliza gulped, her grip on my hand tightening, "Ok, let's do it." She nodded, figuring nothing could be worse than going back to their family. Both girls snapped their attention towards the entrance as the chorus of barks began to grow closer.

"Ready on three." (Y/N) spoke, Aliza nodding, nervousness seeming to take hold of her heart. "One." (Y/N) and Aliza both bunched up their leg muscles, getting ready to jump. "Two ... three!" (Y/N) and Aliza launched themselves forward, before being engulfed by the darkness, the next thing the two girls knew was feeling pain before falling into unconsciousness.