Chapter 3

I drum my fingers against the wooden sentry station. It's been a few days since a human has fallen down here. I let out a groan, "God I'm bored outta my mind." I stand up, walking out of the wooden sentry station, grabbing my axe along the way, throwing it over my shoulder. "Welp, time to patrol." I shortcut to the large purple doors of the ruins, right along the tree line.

I was about to step up till I noticed footprints leading away from the doors. "Well, well, well. What do we have here?" I say with a sly grin, following the footprints from the treeline. It didn't take me long till I saw two human girls, looking about the same age and height. Although one of them had a sweater and ... a white scarf?

The girl began to look around, that's when I saw them, her bright golden eyes. The other girl with a tattered dress next to her was simply watching the other one. They began to exchange conversation, as I took a step forward snapping a stick on the ground. The girl with the sweater whirled around, searching thoroughly behind her. However, I find it strange how she wasn't afraid, instead she looked calm and collected. The girl next to her, however, was looking around in fear and distraught.

"It's like they're polar opposites." I mumble, watching as they both turn to face forward. I took my chance shortcutting behind them. "Human, why don't you turn around and shake my hand."

***

"Human, why don't you turn around and shake my hand." A deep, gruff voice spoke from behind me. I could feel Aliza tremble next to me, before she turned around, letting my hand go in the process, grabbing a hold of the stranger's hand. I turned around as well, looking at the shadowed figure. Out of nowhere I heard a loud whirring sound, then droplets of red covered the white snow, Aliza screamed bloody murder.

Jack hissed in reply, shooting his head up, the flaps on the side opening outward. I glared at the shadowed figure, pulling Aliza away as she struggled to get out of the shadow figures grasp. I pulled Aliza behind me as she held her hand close to her chest, Jack bared his fangs at the figure.

The shadows then seemed to move away from the figure, revealing a living skeleton wearing a blue, blood stained, jacket with white fluff around his hood, a white shirt, and black shorts with a white stripe on either side. He also had a huge hole in his skull and a single glowing red eye. I look down at the hand he extended to see a little item with point edges, that must've been the thing that dug into Aliza's hand.

Jack hissed in warning, snapping my focus back to the skeleton. "Heh, the old blade in the hand trick." He chuckled. "My name's Sans, Sans the skeleton. You're a human, right? That's funny my- Hey!" As the ... Sans skeleton was talking on and on, I was able to get us both into the treeline behind some bushes. Apparently he is blind in the empty socket, the one without the red eye, or else he would've noticed us sooner.

Although I must admit ... he does look kind of cool. My interest sparked, watching as the living skeleton began looking around, not francticly but confused. "W-what is he doing?" I heard Aliza asked quietly.

I smile, "Not much, just looking around. He didn't see us leave." I look over to her, while Jack remains transfixed on the skeleton. Aliza sighed in relief, keeping her injured hand close to her chest. My smile faded before looking back towards the skeleton. I smirk, "I'm going to mess with him."

Aliza's eyes widened, "Huh? Are you crazy?" I look at her, raising my brow. Aliza sighed, "Right, forgot about that. Just ... be careful."

I placed a hand on my chest, "Aren't I always?" Aliza giggled a little, rolling her eyes. 'There's that smile.' I thought, smiling slightly. I took Jack off my neck, then placed him on Aliza's neck. Aliza was shocked at first before her gaze softened. I walk out into the snow, staying on the skeleton's blindside. I stopped behind him, smiling, "Nice to meet you Sans." Sans whirled around, looking at me with surprise. "My name is (Y/N), (Y/N) the human." I continued, gesturing to myself by placing a hand on my chest. "The other girl is my sister Aliza." I told him, crossing my arms as the cold began to seep through my striped sweater.