Chapter 16

*I know it's bad time trio just roll with it*

I glared at Nightmare from where I stood behind Error, agitation boiled underneath my skin. What does he want from me? I can't give him fear, so in response he acts like a child who doesn't get the toy he wants from the store.

    Nightmare then burst out laughing, causing my eyes to widen while Error's eyes narrowed. "This is hilarious." He spoke in between laughs. "To think you would actually make ... friends ... with the one thing you hate and promise to destroy. The irony." He spoke as he wiped away an invisible tear. Nightmare let out a sigh, before his cyan eye glowed slightly as his tentacles shot out from his back quickly, knocking Error clean to the side, his other tentacle wrapping around my body before pulling me towards him. "Don't worry, I'll take out the trash for you." His grin became a menacing one as his gaze fell on me, it would send shivers down anyone's spines. But not mine, as I met his gaze with one filled with anger, making my amber eyes seem as if they were flames.

    A chuckle let his lips, "I have to admit, I like your spunk." He then jumped through the portal quickly as sharp red bones came flying at him. One of them however hit their mark, as it sliced through the tentacle holding me, causing it to liquify and fall to the ground. I landed on my feet before shooting Nightmare a smirk as I bolted out the door hearing an agitated scream come from Nightmare as he closed the portal before chasing after me.

    I skidded across the floor to make a turn, running straight down the hall. I then notice a familiar being with slumped shoulders walking towards my way slowly. "Horror!" I called out happily, finally seeing him again after days.

    Horror perked up at the sound of my voice, looking straight at me, a smile spread across his features as relief shone in his gaze. His relief and smile instantly dropped once he noticed Nightmare right on my tail, black smoke swarming him as he charged towards me. Horror grabbed my hand in an instant, "Geezus kid can't you stay out of trouble for a minute!?" He shouted as he led me around the corner, guiding me through the maze of the castle halls.

    I'll admit, it took a little bit for my eyes to adjust, not used to the darker atmosphere after staring at bright white walls for long periods of time. Horror then came up to two large black doors, with the symbol of the moon on each one. He grabbed the handle before opening it, glancing behind the both of us, before pushing me in the room.

    I looked around, noticing a throne at the end of the room, old tattered banners hung from the ceiling, a dark blue carpet led right up to the throne however it was even torn and ripped in certain spots. It was as if I was standing in the ruins of a once great throne room. "Like it?" I shot my eyes to the once empty throne only to see Nightmare sitting on the throne with Killer standing beside him, an excited grin decorated his face.

    "Why are you doing this?! What's the point in all of it!?" I questioned, my hands clenched into a fist as I glared at Nightmare. Agitation was beginning to take hold of my usual clear state of mind as I began to think of all the ways to knock this king off his pedestal. A tentacle lashed out, wrapping around my throat before my body was yanked towards him.

I gasped as his tentacle tightened, closing the air way as my lungs became trapped, unable to release or intake air. "Are you really questioning why?" Nightmare questioned with a chuckle. His single cyan eye glowed as his smile widened, "It's because I don't like you. You are just fuel for him." I opened one eye, looking at him confused, as I clawed at his tentacle.

A sharp bone went through the tentacle, liquefying it. I fell towards the ground falling into someone's arms. I coughed and gasped as air shot back into my lungs, unable to stand on my own, I leaned towards the person holding me, using them as a crutch. I look over to see Dust, his purple eyelights glowing brightly as he glared at Nightmare. Next to him stood Horror with an axe in hand, his other hand outstretched.