Chapter 11

It's been about a week since I was brought to this goth castle, Horror being the one to bring food and keep me company. I would also take a chance to read some books that were on the desk, most of them about different AU's. I didn't really have a favorite, I liked most of the ones I read about, especially the one that is in outer space. I can only imagine the night sky there, and how beautiful the stars are. I personally don't think the picture does it justice.

    There were also stories about the Sans I have seen, despite Horror's terrible background I believe Dust, the skeleton I saw covered in dust, had it much worse. 327 times is how many times the human committed genocide after each reset. I most likely would have done the same if I became that powerless, if I tried everything to put an end to the slaughter. Cross also got the bad end of the stick as he was basically used as a tool or a testing subject for this Gaster character or CrossGaster is what he is referred to in the book. I began to wonder if Chara is still with him.

         I began to shift through the books, hoping to find something on Nightmare or even Error, the only two I haven't found some information on. However I was more curious about Nightmare, it's obvious he didn't always look like that, plus I remember him mentioning a brother before.

          "Anything catched your interest?" A dark voice questioned behind me, I turned my head seeing Nightmare. Jack let out a hiss from where he laid curled up by the book. "I picked those books out myself." He added as his cyan eye glowed, four tentacles protruding from his body almost making himself seem bigger.

    I look at him with a blank look, "Where is a book about you?" I questioned, watching his grin fall slightly, seeming surprised before the grin returned in a second. I began to question myself if I just imagined it.

    "That one's lost." He answered with a roll of his eyelight. He then turned my chair around before pinning both his hands on either side of me, his tentacles pointed right at me in a threatening way. "Now what is your F E A R?" His voice became deeper and gurgled as his mouth changed from teeth to something you might see on a jack-o-lantern on halloween. Nightmare's cyan eye glowed brightly as he seemed to be searching for something, I raised a brow as I crossed my arms, waiting for him to just get out of my face, resisting the urge to just shove him away. Minutes passed as his expression went back to normal, before his maniac grin turned into a frown as his cyan eye searched.

His frown turned angry, as one of his tentacles wrapped around my neck, swinging me around before slamming me into a wall, knocking the air out of my lungs as I heard a crack. "There goes a rib." I spoke in a strained voice, as I opened one eye, glaring at the gooey skeleton that just looked at me in confusion.

"What are you?" Nightmare questioned with a growl as his eye glared right into me with a look that could kill.

"A human?" I spoke in a 'duh' type of tone, it was pretty obvious. I have skin, hair, eye balls, bones, a heart, etc. I felt his tentacle grip tighter around my throat causing me to gasp, however, to no surprise, I felt no fear, only agitation as I tried to claw the tentacle off my neck trying to get air back in my lungs so I could breathe.

"Don't play games with me, I could snap your neck here and now." Nightmare spoke firmly, squeezing my neck slightly tighter before releasing his grip, retracting his tentacle as I crashed to the floor on my knees. I coughed as oxygen was sucked back into my lungs, my chest expanded in relief as the respiratory cycle continued, breathing going back to normal after its sudden pause.

I kept my hand around my neck as I looked up at Nightmare who wore an agitated and confused expression on his features. "You ... feed off ... of negative emotions, right?" I questioned in between breaths before letting out a few coughs.  "Specifically fear. Nightmare isn't just your nickname like the others. It's your actual name isn't it?" I questioned further as I pushed myself back to my feet, rubbing my neck with my fingers, my voice slightly raspy.