Chapter 23

Horror stared down at the sleeping girl, watching her chest rise and fall. It has been weeks since the attack happened, (Y/N)'s arm has almost completely healed. The knife wound in her leg healed a week or so ago, sooner than the burn which Horror had expected. He saw it best for her to be passed out as her body healed the wounds, less pain and uncomfort she has to go through. However, he didn't understand why she hadn't woken up sooner. She would have woken up last week and not experienced any pain due to her arm already adding more layers of skin.

Horror let out a sigh glancing towards the door where Dust and Killer have been taking turns standing despite someone being in the room. Dust hasn't been doing too great since the attack, beginning to mumble to himself, seeming to be arguing with someone. He would also have breakdowns, where it would be him sobbing in a corner and burning up a room using his attacks.

Killer has been a bit on edge as well, blaming himself for not being there to protect her. Thinking how he could have fallen for their distraction so easily. He also seemed to be feeding Jack rats along with building him things to climb and hide in. Distracting himself of his own guilt and self-hatred.

Nightmare has been leaving the castle, hunting down the last of the villagers that pose a resistance. Some, he found, only wished to live in peace, in fact the apologized for the assassins actions knowing full well the angered king would rain down terror. Surprisingly he left them alone, returning to the castle and constantly checking up on (Y/N), cleaning her wounds whenever he got the chance. He even stepped in the library, using his magic to finish up the cleaning in the places she could never reach. It seemed to soothe him so he wouldn't explode in anger or lash out. His plan for the Star Sans' to find her coming to a complete halt. All he wants for her now is to live a peaceful life, no more fighting, no more pain.

Error on the other hand locked himself in his white void. Only coming to the castle to watch after (Y/N), knowing he should have been more strict in training her. In his mind he should have never allowed her to skip training sessions in order to hang out with the others or create pranks with Killer to use against Nightmare. He just wanted her awake so they could watch more Undernovela and watch her graceful movements when she spars with him. Despite his hatred of being touched, he missed hers. The small things, her subtle brush against his shoulder, her fingers touching him when she took something, and even when she pokes his shoulder gently in order to get his attention. All small but he missed them.

Horror was in the worst shape, he hadn't eaten or slept in the passing weeks. He refused to even move a foot away from the door when it was someone else's turn to watch her. Eventually, he left the castle altogether as he went back to his world in order to just see and hear a remnant of her, even if it's the scared brat. He told Aliza, even took her to see her sister once, Dust didn't react well with the sight of her. So to keep his promise, he merely would inform Aliza of her condition from now on. He helped Killer care for Jack, bringing him to his mistress's side every once in a while. He would even talk to (Y/N), telling her what was happening, along with informing her how much he missed her as well as the others.

Horror placed his skeletal hand on her own, brushing his thumb along her knuckle, feeling her soft warm skin. "Heh. Remember when we first met? I thought you were just stupid, walking up to me with now fear in your eyes." He chuckled to himself, looking down at her hand with a soft look. "After some time, I even begin to care for ya. The nerve of ya to walk in the cold with merely a tank top on expectin to be fine." A frown replaced the soft smile on his face. "F**k kid, I'm so sorry for the things I said!" Horror continued, desperation in his voice as red tears welled up in his sockets. "Please! Wake up! I can't stand it anymore! I learned my lesson alright!" He pleaded as he tightened the grip around her hand, lowering his head down to the bed. His shoulders shook as silent sobs racked his body, finally reaching his breaking point. He just couldn't stay strong anymore, he couldn't stand the sight of her like this, it shredded his soul.