Chapter 2

"I will be back in an hour, I'll run out to get some herbs to help with her fever and some more food." I nodded towards Toriel as she left the room. It was the next day, Aliza wasn't doing any better. Her face was pale with a sort of green color to it, sweat ran down her forehead, and her breathing was rapid as if every breath was a struggle.

I clenched my fist, she was bed ridden all because of that goat! I took a deep breath in and out, calming myself. Now is not the time to think irrationally, remember Toriel is twisted, but she does have the best intentions. I caught her mumbling to herself, or more like convincing herself that she was doing the right thing ... she was keeping us safe. Not to mention she is alone in this house for who knows how long. I guess loneliness can really cause insanity, I only thought that happened in movies.

I walked out of the room, slowly closing the door behind me just in case she didn't actually leave. I carefully tiptoed down the hallway, making my way into the living room almost right next to a staircase that led downstairs. I gazed down the stairs, seeing it was leading somewhere that wasn't here, a glimpse of the ruins colored walls could be seen at the bottom. I made a mental note, thinking this would be a way out before I continued walking, going into the kitchen.

I started going through the cabinets and drawers, looking for an antidote. She has to have an antidote somewhere. I then felt a weird vibration as I stepped on one of the tiles in the kitchen. I looked down, then stomped on it hearing an echo. I crouch down, grabbing the edge of the tile, lifting it up. Laying in a dirt sort of hole was a glass vial filled with glowing blue liquid.

I had a gut feeling that this was it, I was then drawn to something in my pocket. I dug my hand into my pocket before pulling out a ball of dust ... Flowey's dust. I placed his dust on the tile floor then unscrewed the glass bottle. I dropped a single drop of the blue liquid on the dust. Nothing happened at first, then the dust started moving, rebuilding itself into Flowey. His single eye blinked, looking up at me. "Where ... are we?" Flowey questioned, looking around confused. "How am I alive?" He asked as he looked down at his leaves with a confused look.

He looked up at me, then glanced at the blue vile in my hands. "You saved me?" He questions, look.

"Of course, you are our first friend." I said with a smile. Then my smile faded into a frown. "But we have to get out of here before Toriel gets-"

"Toriel! Oh no, this is bad. Please tell me none of you ate her pie!?" Flowey interrupted, looking up at me in horror.

I scratched the back of my neck, "Well... I took a couple of bites while Aliza ate the whole thing. But I'm sure this will make her better."

"Then we must hurry, who knows how long it will take for her symptoms to die down." Flowey said, using his vines to climb onto my wrist since Jack was taking up the room on my shoulders. I ran upstairs, heading back into the room going to my sister's side immediately, I let her drink about half the vile before placing it in my pocket.

She coughed, however I could see color start coming back to her skin. After what seemed like hours she finally opened her eyes, sitting up and rubbing her head. "Are you ok? How are you feeling?"

"Better, my head still hurts though." She then notices Flowey on my wrist and she scoots back yelling, "How is he alive!?"

"I used this, the same thing I used on you." I told her, take the vile out of my pocket to show her. She looked at it in awe, it was like she was looking at the only bright thing in this dark place.

"Can you walk?" Flowey asked. Aliza snapped out of her daze and nodded, she stood up from the bed as I slipped the vile into my pocket. I grabbed her hand quickly, dragging her out of the room. I ran down the hallway, dragging Aliza behind me. I came across the staircase that led downstairs. "That way is the way out." Flowey confirmed, climbing up onto Aliza's shoulder.

I nodded, I let Aliza go first, as soon as I was about to go down I saw Toriel coming through the door. "(Y/N)! I'm hom-" She froze as she saw me by the staircase. Her face contorted to anger, "Where are you going!?" She boomed, I looked away and ran after my sister calmly.

"Run faster Aliza!" I shouted towards her as she glanced up at me for a moment before sprinting down the stairs.

"Come back! It's dangerous out there!" I hear Toriel call out. We kept running through the long corridor until we finally came to a large purple door. Aliza practically slammed into it, pushing with all her might. I did the same, my feet sliding as I tried to move the door. But for some reason it won't budge.

I heard footsteps heading our way, I gave up pushing the door and instead stood in front of Aliza. Toriel came into view, her eyes wide and crazed, "You can't leave!" She shouted. Jack lifted his head up, his flaps on either side of his head expanding outward, letting out a threatening hiss. Toriel slowed down to a stop, a green flame forming in one of her giant paws. "I can't let you leave, you belong here! With me!" She growled.

I looked at her with pity, in the past I could just imagine her being a protective mother, with a warm voice and warm eyes, feeding the children passing through her famous butterscotch cinnamon pie. Teaching the fallen humans how to show mercy instead of fighting the monsters they run in to. Now ... she's broken, lost. It's as if she doesn't fully know her role anymore. She lost too much and gained very little, living in the ruins. She's all alone.

Aliza began to walk forward, I gave her a confused look, then began to look around. Something doesn't feel right? Why does it feel as if ... as if I've seen this before? I look back at Aliza as she entered a fight with Toriel. I watched, impressed, as she dodged the multiple flame balls thrown her way before pulling Toriel into a hug. Toriel stopped her attack, her green eyes began to fill with tears.

I smiled, walking forward myself. Jack lowered his head, indicating the threat was gone, rubbing his head along my cheek. I wrapped my arms around Toriel as well, she wrapped her arms around us, sobbing. After a few moments, she pulled away saying, "You need to leave." She walked up to the door, we were struggling to open before, placing her white furred paw on it. She turned to look at us, a warm look in her eyes shining brightly.

"Before I lose myself again." Her face then turned serious, "I must warn you, down here it is eat or be eaten. But please ... don't kill anyone. They are all lost and broken after ... after the last human came down." She then grabbed one of our arms saying with a desperate tone, "Promise me... promise me you will find a way to save us"

I smiled at her, "We promise." She smiled in return, then let go of our arms and turned back to the door. With one hand she pushed the door open, she gestured for us to go. "Thank you for your hospitality." I said to her with a nod, as I walked past holding Aliza's hand. Aliza waved goodbye to Toriel as she closed the door.

Once the door was closed, I looked at my surroundings, snow. Snow covered the floor and some of the evergreen trees and bushes that were scattered about. Who knew there would be snow and plants underground ... specifically plants that need sunlight to survive. A shiver went up my spine as a cold breeze flowed through my hair, I felt Aliza's hand begin to shake.

"This is where I leave you two." Flowey said all of a sudden.

I glanced at him responding with a small, "Ok", before looking around the forest, the feeling of being watched crawled up my spine. "Why Flowey?" I heard Aliza asked.

"Believe me, you don't want me to be part of your little group. I'll pop in if something happens." Flowey said, placing himself on the ground. "Please be careful of you two." Was the last thing he said before disappearing into the ground.

I looked over at Aliza, taking her hand in my own and guided her away from the door. "Will we ever-"

"Don't say it." I interrupt her, walking along the trail made by the trees which were on either side. "If you say it, it will never happen." I say, then smile in her direction. "We just have to stay determined." I told her.

It was quiet as we continued on with the snowy forest, I would say it was beautiful but ... there was this sort of odd feeling, as if I'm being watched still crawling up my spine. I looked at Jack, his head was raised as he began to look around. 'So something is around.' I thought. I felt Aliza jump as I heard a branch or a stick snap somewhere behind us.