Chapter 22

Darkness ... that's all I could see. I couldn't feel anything, smell anything, or hear anything. I should be confused or in pain ... What happened? That's right, I was fighting the man who can control flames. I had to get to Nightmare before their plan worked, was I injured? That's right I was, he hit my arm with his flames and stabbed my leg, I remember now. Where am I? Did I fail? Was I taken by the assassins? No, I killed him and the others with the help of the group.

So I wasn't taken ... did I die? Shouldn't there be a bright light or my life flashing before my eyes? Maybe I'm better off dead, they all saw my abilities. Shame I missed their reactions, although I'm sure it wasn't good with most of their experiences with humans much less ones with abilities.

My eyes began to close, exhaustion taking over as the need to sleep seemed to take hold. Minutes, hours, days, I don't know, seem to pass all in a short time. I snapped open my eyes when I heard a door slam shut. I looked around a familiar room, but it wasn't the room in the castle. I looked down, noticing I was floating above the floor, my body faded like how Glitch is when I see him.

"I have to leave." I hear a voice mumble, my voice. I look over seeing me dressed in a black and white striped sweater with jeans, shoving food and water into a bag. "I can't stand this anymore. He's not-" The whole scene seemed to glitch as my other self along with the bag disappeared.

Then the door opened again, slamming against the wall during my other self's haste. I watched as my other self threw a bag onto the bed, the same bag as I saw earlier. The only difference is Aliza standing in the doorway. "Where are we going?" She questioned, walking up in her purple nightgown.

"We have to leave." Was what my other self responded as she began shoving food and water items into a bag. I looked angry, frustrated, and relieved. "He isn't our friend, he's worse than our father." My other self continued as she zipped up the bag before swinging it onto her shoulder. "Now go put some shoes on. We have to leave before he returns." I watched myself order Aliza as she hurried her out of the room. I felt myself being pulled towards the two of them, my body floating after the two of them.

I watched as Aliza slipped on her shoes quickly before taking my hand as the two of them walked quickly towards the elevator, pressing a button, before stepping inside once the doors were open. I felt myself float into the elevator before the doors closed. It was as if I was watching a movie, myself being the camera.

As soon as the doors opened again, my other self bolted out with Aliza dragging behind before running out of the lab and into the woods. That's right, today is the day we fell down into the hole. I continued watching as Aliza's feet got tangled in some vines, before kicking off her shoes in order to slip out.

Then the sound of alarms, followed after large spiders with glowing purple eyes seemed to come out from the lab. However, these spiders look mechanical, I saw myself glance behind her seeming to glare at something the sound of Jack hissing could be heard. I followed my otherself's eyes, landing on someone in a lab coat and circle glasses, they had grayish scales holding onto a clipboard as they watched myself along with my sister run into the forest. The spiders followed close behind, one of them grabbing hold of her feet causing her to fall face first into the dirt. "(Y/N)!" Aliza shouted as she slid to a stop, waiting for her patiently.

She used her feet, kicking away the spider before sliding them off as she shoved them into its jaws preventing its fangs from digging into her skin. My other self then pushed herself back onto her feet, sprinting over to Aliza grabbing ahold of her hand as they ran further and further away from the lab. The wind is all that could be heard now, rustling the trees, watching as it tugged her hair as she weaved through the forest with Aliza right behind her. "Quickly Aliza." I hear myself speak calmly, yet quietly as to not announce to the spiders where they are.