Chapter 15

I laid on the bench, my eyes gazing up at the stars ... or the stars I can see anyway. I could hear the sound of a swing being used along with light giggles. I couldn't help but smile softly at the sound, the sound I hardly ever hear. I turned my head looking over to see Aliza giggling happily as she swung on the swing with her eyes closed. "It feels so funny." She giggled to herself. A frown replaced my smile at the thought of dragging her back to that house.

I jumped up once I heard footsteps as I man dressed in a lab coat wearing black gloves and a hat, the shadow of his hat covering his face. He had a sort of demeanor I couldn't place my finger on as I looked at him, my brows furrowing in confusion. "Hello little one." His voice spoke, it was deep yet soothing. I could feel my shoulders instantly relax at the sound of his voice. Despite the warning of stranger danger, in my young mind I believed no one could be worse than father.

"I'm not that little." I claimed, raising my head a little higher to prove my point. Aliza stopped swinging at the sound of the unfamiliar voice, however, she didn't move off the swing. "I'm eleven in fact." I stated with a proud look in my eyes.

The man chuckled, "Pardon me, I did not know." He then began to look around, seeming to look for something. "Where are your parents?"

"Our mother is dead." I stated bluntly, not batting an eye. I hardly knew the woman, only glimpses of her remain in my memory. All I know is she died due to ovary cancer after giving birth to my sister.

The man let out a small gasp, "Oh I am so sorry." I shrugged in response, not really caring, it was just a question ... a good one in fact. "And your father?" He questioned hesitantly, unsure what sort of answer she would get.

I thought for a moment, wondering what he would be doing right about now, "Drinking ... or maybe sleeping." My brows furrowed, unsure of what he would be doing at this time of night.

The man let out a hum, "I see." His tone sounded sad, empathy radiated from his words as he gestured to the spot next to me. "May I?" He asked politely to which I nodded in reply gesturing to Aliza to come over. She slid off the swing, before hesitantly walking over to my side. "What are your names?"

"I'm (Y/N), this is my sister Aliza." I introduced myself, before holding out my hand for him to take. "You are?"

The man hesitated for a moment, before taking my hand, "Xavier." His hand felt ... skinny, as if he hadn't eaten properly. Although he does seem like he is a scientist, maybe he was busy with a project of his. The man, Xavier, let out a sigh, "I know this may seem sudden, and you don't know me, but how would you feel living with me?"

I looked at him confused, unsure why he would ask such a question. I looked over to my sister, who met my golden gaze with her scared filled eyes. I look back over at Xavier, any place would be better than going to that house, "Happy sir." I could feel Xavier smile at my answer.

"Good." He stood up off the bench, holding out his hand. "Shall we go? It's getting a little chilly out here." I slid off the bench, grabbing hold of his hand as Aliza took mine. He led us away from the park as a cool breeze flowed through the trees. Maybe finally things will get better.

*********************

It's been days, or assume it has been days. It's hard to tell in this white void. Error has been training me with this newfound power, he's actually not too bad of a teacher, at least to me anyway. He's rough, especially with his words, as he throws bones and gaster blaster's my way. However, Error never goes too far, the worst wound I got was a bruised back when one of his gaster blasters charged forward and slammed right into me. I was surprised I didn't get a broken rib from that, I still got a whole lecture though. He called me multiple things ranging from idiot to imbecile, all sorts of terms under that category. Glitch never came out of his mouth again, not ever since our first fight. The pain in my eye never returned, neither did the bleeding, not unless I forced myself past my limit to which I found out the hard way. All in all, it actually hasn't been all too bad living with Error.