Chapter 17

Ink looked around the floating papers inside the doodle sphere in agitation, his arms crossed  as his gaze wandered over the papers. He tried searching for her in Error's realm only to find no one there, not even Error. He heard a portal open behind him, "Have you found her yet Dream?" Ink questioned, not bothering to look behind him as his partner took their place by his side.

"No, Nightmare even moved our realm someplace different." Dream reported, sounding slightly out of breath. "I can't even access her dreams, my guess, Nightmare is taking hold of her sleeping state to make sure I can't find her." Dream added, a sad look taking hold of his features. "That poor girl must be trembling in fear, I wouldn't be surprised if she broke down."

"I wonder if they found out yet." Ink mumbled to himself as his multicolored eyes looked at the ground, his tone void of emotion.

Dream looked at Ink confused, "Found out about what?" Ink perked up quickly.

"Hm? Did I say something?" He questioned with a sheepish smile, scratching the back of his head. Dream blinked at Ink in response, a frown decorating his features as Ink moved forward. "Let's check his prison."

"Ink why would he be interested?" Dream questioned, causing Ink to freeze in his tracks. Ink seemed to think for a moment, seeming a little hesitant.

Eventually he shrugged, "I don't remember." He spoke, sounding honest about his answer. However Dream thought otherwise as he sent a small glare towards Ink, fear of the repeat of last time clung to his soul. "C'mon let's go." Ink continued as he made his way over towards a sheet of paper that was pitch black, unlike the others.

He stepped into it with Dream following behind him, both of them appearing into a pitch black void. Both of their eyes widened as they looked around, "I think we can forget about the girl at the moment." Dream nodded slowly in agreement as they looked at a hole that broke into the doodle sphere.

******************

I wandered around the dark halls, finally happy not to be locked in a room anymore along with being chained up. The cuffs were finally off my wrist as Nightmare took them off reluctantly. I noticed a set of large doors, opening one and peeking my head through seeing a large library filled with books.

I slipped into the room, closing the door behind me as I began to look around in awe. Before a frown replaced my smile as I noticed dust and cobwebs decorating the library, making it almost seem like a ruin. I walked up to a book, sliding one of the books out shaking off the cobwebs before opening it to see silverfish scurrying around. I wrinkled my nose in disgust as I closed the book, shoving it back into the slot. "Were the books he gave me really from this place?" I questioned myself as I explored further, looking up towards the ceiling where a moon pendulum  hung from the ceiling, it seemed to be slowly working its way to the full moon. I looked forward to seeing desks covered in books and dust, left abandoned as well as what looks like a star chart. "This was once a magical place." I mumbled to myself as I stared right back up at the ceiling seeing faded whit lights that seemed to represent stars.

"It once was." I turned my head seeing Nightmare leaning on a bookcase with his arms crossed. He has been popping up every now and then as if to check on me, making sure I wouldn't try to escape more likely. He pushed himself off the bookcase as he slipped his hands into his pockets as he looked up at the ceiling itself.

"What happened?" I asked, not taking my eyes off of him as he let out a small sigh, seeming to remember something ... happy in his memory. Before a frown fell on his features, as a cold look took over in his eye.

"I stopped bothering to come here." He answered before turning and walking away, seeming to want to get away from this place.

I watched him walk away before looking back up at the ceiling, then looked around the room before a determined look fell on my features. I then walked out of the room quickly, nearly bumping into Killer. Killer isn't as bad as Nightmare, in fact he became more friendly once the fight was done meaning he was only following orders. He is pretty loyal for a "bad guy". "Sorry Killer." I apologized to which he just shrugged as I went around him before he entered the room.