Chapter 4

We've been walking for hours, no sign of life or food for that matter, much less water. I noticed Aliza began to lag behind, I stopped looking back towards her for a moment. "HUMANS!" I turn my head, looking up to see Papyrus loom above me with what looks like a plate of spaghetti.

I felt my mouth begin to water, I licked my lips in longing. "Looking a bit eager there." Sans said from next to his brother, a crazed grin on his face. Papyrus handed me the plate, I smiled in delight, but then remembered my little sister.

I turn around to see her a few feet away, I smile softly. I walk over to her, handing her the plate. Aliza took it hesitantly, "What about you?"

"I'm still full from the pie we had earlier." I answer with a smile. Aliza seemed to buy the small lie, taking a bite of the spaghetti. She smiled in belight, her eyes sparkling. "WHAT DO YOU THINK HUMAN?" Papyrus asked from behind me.

Aliza was about to answer till a confused look appeared on her face. She took her hand and dragged out a strand of hair, her eyes widening. She then looked down to see two eyeballs looking up at her. A chill ran through her spine, a disgusted look decorating her face.

"SO? WHAT DO YOU THINK?" Papyrus asked again. I noticed Sans giving us a dark, warning look.

"Tastes good papyrus." Aliza said with a forced smile, clearly restraining the urge from wrinkling her nose.

"THAT'S WONDERFUL TO HEAR!" Papyrus exclaimed with a smile, looking at Aliza expectantly. Aliza looked at him unsure, I looked over at Sans noticing he was staring down Aliza with a dark look.

I blocked Aliza's view of Sans, glaring him down while Jack let out a threatenly hiss in his direction. Sans's dark look transformed into shock, his eye sockets widening slightly. I then looked over at Aliza who was looking down at the plate with uncertainty. "Eat it, it was just my hair." I whispered to her.

She looked up at me bewildered, looking down at the eyeballs. "This might be your last meal before ... a very long time. I have a small theory, I will tell you about it later." I added, rubbing her back encouragingly.

Aliza looked back down at her plate before taking a few more bites eating half of the spaghetti, avoiding the eyes. She then stops for a moment, licking her lips, looking over at me. I shake my head, "Like I said, I'm still full from the pie."

She nodded, hungrily eating the rest, still avoiding the eyes then hands the plate back over to Papyrus. Papyrus takes it with a smile, "I WILL MAKE SOME MORE FOR YOU BOTH LATER!" He then walks away, Sans following behind him.

Once they were gone I heard sobbing next to me, I looked over to see Aliza crying covering her face with her hands. "I don't understand." She sobbed.

I rub her back, "Understand what sis?"

"How it could taste so good!" She cried out, trying her best to wipe the tears away.

My frown widened slightly, "It's because you were starving sis, that's all. It's ok."

"I'm a monster!"

"No you aren't." I countered calmly. Aliza looked up at me confused, her tears slowing down. "You are simply trying to survive, I doubt they have much ... normal food down here. Which means-"

"They kill and eat humans to survive." Aliza finished, wiping away her remaining tears. Then fear etched across her face, "What will happen to us then!? Will they eat us next time!?"

"Not if we get out of here fast enough and bring food to them." I say determined, crossing my arms and staring into the direction Sans and Papyrus went. "C'mon, let's keep going." I say, following the path.