Chapter 24

I walked around the halls, my legs being slightly stiff as Horror walked beside me, sticking close to my side in case my legs cave in like the first few times when I first started walking around. Dust stood on my other side, sticking close as well, seeming content and more relaxed than I had seen him a few days ago.

I smiled as I continued walking, glancing towards the both of them as we continued walking making our way to the library. Finally everything can just go back to the way it was and I can actually enjoy myself here once more without a worry. Horror glanced down at me, a soft smile forming along his expression. "I can't believe the first thing you're going to do is stick your nose in a book." Dust spoke, rolling his eyes as he opened the door to the library.

I shrugged, "There are so many interesting things in here." I say, gesturing around the book filled room. "Besides there is something I need to research on." I mumbled to myself as I began to search through the books.

Horror rose a bone brow, "Oh? And what's that?" He asked out of curiosity, leaning against a table as he watched me move around. Dust pulled out a chair, before sitting down in it as he picked up a book on the desk, glancing over the cover before flipping to a random page.

"Memory manipulation. Along with a certain skeleton." I answered, causing both of their pin pricks to disappear before returning as they both looked at me in surprise while I shuffled through the books, acting as if I didn't say anything out of the ordinary. "I thought I knew my life before I fell into the Ruins." I explain, taking out a book looking over the cover before shaking my head, shoving the book back into place. "Lately I've been having these ... dreams. Extremely vivid dreams." I continued as I leaned against the bookcase, making eye contact with them. "I just figured out they were truly memories suppressed by someone or really altered. Then there was this skeleton there too, it looked like you guys." I informed with a shrug as I turned back to the bookcase.

Horror and Dust exchanged each other a glance before looking back over at me, "Do you know this skeleton's name?" Dust questioned, interest sparking in his gaze.

I thought for a moment, searching my mind for the memory of the skeleton, "Ink." I answered after some time. "His name was Ink." I looked over at them to see their sockets widened as Dust dropped his book.

"Are you sure it was Ink?" Horror questioned as he pushed himself off the table, his red eye narrowing.

"A skeleton with different shapes and colored pinpricks, carrying colorful vials, and had an ink splotch on his cheek." I described the skeleton, pointing to my cheek on the last statement. I watched as the two of them exchanged a look with one another.

"I'll fetch Error, he would want to hear this." Dust stated as he disappeared from where he was sitting, teleporting away. I looked over at Horror confused, unsure how they knew the skeleton.

"You know him?" I questioned, my brows furrowing.

Horror chuckled, "Know him, fought 'im. He is a part of the Star Sans' along with the X-event Error attempting to stop." He spoke, nodding towards the book labeled X-Event. "What he did during that ... well, let's say he isn't everyone's favorite skeleton. Error is basically the direct opposite of Ink, the destroyer and creator. A while back they made a truce, no creating or destruction. Well I'm sure you can guess how that turned out." Horror explained with a shrug, shoving his hands in his pockets.

Dust then reentered the room with Error right behind him, a bored expression on his face as he looked between the two of us confused before letting out a glitched sigh, "WhAt Is So ImPoRtAnT yOu HaD tO InTeRuPt My NaP?" He questioned, glaring at Dust before scanning the two of us.

"Do you know a skeleton named Ink?" I questioned, watching his bored expression formed into a shocked one, blinking at me in surprise.

Error's eyes narrowed into a glare, "HoW dO YoU kNoW tHaT nAmE?" He questioned as he took his hands out of his pockets.