Part 9 | Battle

"Come one, come all to the greatest battle man kind had ever seen!"

"What about elf kind?"

"Shut up Y/n."

The team had gathered on the Avengers building rooftop where Loki had created a sparring pit.

Thor grinned at everyone, waving his arms as if he was a celebrity. You just sighed and threw your dagger up into the air, catching it repeatedly.

"Thor I'm warning you, the elves have fast reflexes and incredible training programs" you warned, conjuring a second dagger, Thor rolling his eyes as he picked up a large sword.

"Alright here are the rules: Y/n can't use her magic, Thor can't use his hammer. Don't kill each other" Tony announced, looking at two of you over his sunglasses.

"That's no fun" Loki commented.

Tony turned to glare the trickster who was smirking in amusement.

"As I was saying. First to get the other person to give up wins. Thor you cannot throw Y/n around just because she's short."

"What!" The God exclaimed, putting on a sulky expression.

"Don't worry Stark, he couldn't catch me if he tried" you assured, running your fingers over the blades.

Thor's laugh boomed across the rooftop. "Lady Y/n, I have fought and killed much bigger creatures than yourself. I fought Surtur!"

"And look how that turned out for you" his brother quipped, his smirk widening as Thor glared at him.

"What happened?"

"Nothing of importance" Thor shouted over Loki, who was grinning evilly.

"By the way, just because I'm short doesn't mean I couldn't kill you if I wanted to. Elves are very quick" you said.

Thor just laughed, causing you to glare at him as you turned to face the team. "See what I mean! No one takes me seriously!"

"Contestants, step into the pit!"

You climbed over the fence while Thor jumped over the top.

"What is it with you Asgardian's being so damn tall" you grumbled, jumping off ungracefully as the brothers laughed.

"Jeez N/n, don't injure yourself falling off the fence before you even fight" Nat grinned.

"Ready, set, fight!" The team cheered as Thor ran at you.

"That is not how you start a fight Tony" you corrected, ducking as Thor swung his sword at you.

"Pay attention Lady Y/n, you're going to get yourself killed" Thor said, jabbing the sword at you.

"I'd like to see you try."

"If you insist."

"Hey! No killing!" Steve interjected as Bucky and Sam grinned.

He swung the sword repeatedly and you blocked it with your knives, managing to stab him in the side.

While he was distracted you ran around behind him and kicked his feet out from underneath him. Thor fell to the ground with a thud, grabbing your arm and bringing you down with him.

He sat up and began punching, aiming for your head. You slid out of the way each time, his punches hitting the ground where you had been a second ago.

Stabbing him in the shoulder, you slid backwards, standing up and running at the God.

"Nat move" you grinned, jumping on his shoulders, wrapping your legs around his neck in an attempt to choke him. "Damn that's a long way to jump."

He pulled you off and shook you around. When he let go, you fell to the floor, too dizzy to move.