Part 16 | I Missed You

"How did you know about the ergot?"

Peter looked up to see you watching him with a blank expression.

It had been three days, and you now had long cuts all over face, arms and chest.

He grinned. "I looked through some of your books when you weren't there" he answered, standing up walking towards you. He crouched down in front of you and you instinctively moved back.

"Have you changed your mind?"

"No" you spat out, glaring at him. He sliced you again, this time on the forehead. The blood poured down into your eyes but you refused to give him the pleasure of hearing you scream.

Jesus Peter, chill out💀

"I'll ask the question again" he said, slowly wiping the blade on his shirt. You vision was blurry with the amount of blood in your eyes.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Before you could answer, someone else spoke.

"No she will fucking not" Loki said, kicking the door open and throwing Peter aside with his magic.

Peter jumped up, knife raised. He tried to run as Wanda and Nat advanced on him, but Wanda pulled him back.

Loki came over to you broke the cuffs, scooping you up off the ground. You leant your head on his chest as he held you tight.

"We're here to save you y/n- oh" Tony said, stopping as he saw you.

"Took you long enough" you croaked out, trying wipe the blood off your face.

"He did this didn't he?" Loki said quietly, looking at the cuts. You nodded, and he gently passed you over the Clint.

"Darling, the others will look after you okay? I'm going to go deal with him" he said, brushing the hair out of your eyes before turning around. His green eyes were beyond furious, his jaw clenched tight. He slowly walked towards Peter, his hands behind his back.

"You're going to dieeee" you sang out to Peter.

He glared at you before running in your direction, attempting to duck under Loki's arm. However, the God's hand came down and hit him square in the chest, knocking the wind out him.

"I don't think you're going anywhere" he said quietly, a small smile on his face.

"Let's take her to the Quinjet" Steve said and the others nodded. Clint carried you out and lay down on the floor of the ship. Bruce began to clean your cuts and but you struggled, trying to sit up.

"Y/n you have to stay still" he instructed.

"No, I need to go see if Loki's okay" you said, finally succeeding. However, Pietro pushed you back down gently.

"N/n, I would worry much more about Peter than Loki" he said.

"Correct."

You looked away from Pietro to see the God standing in the doorway, not a cut or bruise on him. Wanda and Nat appeared behind him. Wanda and Nat appeared a second later, dragging a body bag.

"Did you kill him?" Tony asked quietly. Nat grinned.

"Nope. We just thought the finished product might scare some of the faint hearted" she replied, throwing it into the corner.

Vision glided over to check on Wanda and Bruce hesitantly looked between you and Nat.

"Go check on your girlfriend Bruce, I'm fine" you said waving him away. He blushed and went over to talk to her. Loki sat down beside you and began cleaning the cuts.

"I'm sorry" he whispered.

"What for?"

"For not keeping you safe, for not finding you in time, for-" you it him off, holding a finger to his lips.

"Loki, it is not your fault. Stop beating yourself up about it. I'm fine" you said. He gave you a pointed look. "Well okay I've been better, but I'm mostly fine." He rolled his eyes and began to heal your wounds.

"I missed you" he said quietly. You moved closer to him and wrapped your arms around him.

"I missed you too Lokes."

————————————————-

"Come on sleepyhead you've got to wake up now."

You opened your eyes to see Nat leaning over you, poking you in the stomach. She grinned and stood back up, dragging the body bag beside her.

"Why doesn't Wanda just float it into the tower?" You asked, rolling over only to be faced with green leather. You looked up to see you had your head in Loki's lap, who was reading a book.

"Does he really deserve that?" He asked, vanishing the novel and looking down at you.

"Nope. He can suffer" Nat said gleefully, before walking out the door. Peter yelled and thrashed about before Nat kicked the bag and it stopped moving.

"Come on lovebirds up you get" Sam said, smirking at the two of you.

Loki rolled his eyes as you stood up, conjuring a dagger. Sam's eyes widened and he backed away slowly as Bucky laughed.

"Darling, we can't kill your friends" Loki whispered in your ear, sliding one arm around your waist as the other reaches in front of you to grab the weapon.

"Why not?" you pouted.

"We've been over this, you'll be sad later" he said cheekily, taking your hand and walking into the building.

"When is it my turn to be happy?" Pietro grumbled. Bucky nudged him in the side.

"Maybe if you stop hitting on girls and actually try dating for once you might find someone" the soldier replied.

"Hm."