Part 69 | List

"Hey Mumma."

You whipped your head around, staring at Nat in shock as she grinned.

"How... what?"

She just grinned wider, patting your shoulder. "I know everything. And congratulations."

"Thank you..."

She leant against the counter beside you, taking a sip of her coffee. "Why haven't you told him?"

You sighed, sorting through your ingredients for the potion currently bubbling away on the counter top in front of you. "I don't know... worried I guess?"

"Why would you be worried?" She questioned. "He loves being around Idun, even if he pretends he doesn't."

She glanced out of the kitchen doorway to where Loki was sitting on the floor, watching over his niece for Thor and Jane while they went to the shops to get baby things.

"See" she pointed out. "He loves it, he's just pretending to be annoyed."

You laughed quietly as the fast growing toddler tried standing up, tumbling over into Loki's lap. The God just rolled his eyes, picking her up gently and sitting her back down carefully.

"I suppose so... also I guess I'm worried about the reaction from other people" you sighed, carefully crushing up some flower stems. "Frigga would be ecstatic, I'm pretty sure Odin thinks I would be the worst Mother in existence, and I just don't know how the rest of the team will react.

Nat thought for a moment before pulling out a pen and paper and writing a list of everyone's names.

"Where did you get- oh never mind. What are you doing?"

She grinned. "Comforting a Goddess, something I never thought I'd have to do. Now let's see."

It was quiet for a couple of minutes, her scribbling away as you continued working on the potion, smoke curling up in strange coils.

"Done" she announced, passing you the paper and going back to her coffee. "It's a list of how everyone on the team would react, in case you ever need a reminder."

You smiled slightly, beginning to read it.

Natasha's List of How Everyone Will React Because I Said So and I'm Aways Right:

- Nat: Actually ecstatic, but I'm too cool to show you how much, would babysit for you for free whenever

- Bruce: Would be so excited for you, would be happy to help with research and shopping or anything you need really

- Thor: Would starts screaming in excitement, would be so happy that Idun has someone to play with, would definitely starts crying out of joy for his little brother and sister

- Clint: He's an idiot but he would be so happy for you and would watch over the nursery from the vents

- Tony: Would throw you a massive baby shower and fund anything and everything you need

- Steve: Would be so happy for you in an old fashioned way, happy to help out in anyway

- Wanda: Would definitely start screaming and/or squealing, running around in excitement, giving you death hugs, chasing you around for the whole pregnancy to make sure you're okay and have everything you need, will absolutely babysit or help with absolutely anything you need anytime

- Pietro: Would be very excited that he has another baby to play block with

- Sam: Would be very happy for you, probably say that it's 'about time'

- Bucky: Would be very happy but slightly unsure of himself around a baby

- Peter: Might send him into a psychotic break and he may try to kidnap/murder you, Loki or the baby I don't know :)

You laughed, folding up the paper and slipping it into your pocket. "Well, that was great up until the last one, but thanks Nat."

"Did it help?" She grinned, watching your growling potion warily.

"Definitely" you snickered, wacking the cauldron with a wooden spoon, the growling stopping.

"Um, N/n?"

"Yeah?"

"Why is the potion snarling?"

You just smirked. "It's normal don't worry."

"Great..." she answered skeptically, inching away from it. "Anyway, you'll tell him?"

"Well he wasn't on the list."

"That's because he's your husband, and you know him better than anyone else" she reminded you, patting your shoulder before heading out of the room.

You sighed, glancing out at where Loki was sitting patently while Idun sat on his shoulders giggling.

—————————————————————

This is a bit shorter than usual, but I'm so sorry for the insanely long wait everyone😭