Part 67 | The Dollar

"Hey idiots, here's the dollar I promised you" you called out, flicking the coin at the trio.

"Hey! Only one dollar??" Bucky exclaimed in annoyance as it hit Pietro in the forehead.

"But there's three of us!" Sam grumbled.

"Excellent counting skills pigeon. Have fun!"

"Mine!" Pietro shrieked, leaning forward and snatching it off the floor before dashing away in a blue.

"Not in my watch!" Sam announced, jumping on Bucky's back and grabbing onto his shoulders. "Onwards my noble steed!"

"I will decapitate you" he threatened.

"Okay I'm sorry!" The superhero said quickly, jumping back off before the pair ran after the speedster.

"I'm just going to the supermarket Thor, I'll be fine" Jane laughed, kissing the Gods cheek as she slipped the strap of her bag over her shoulder.

"But what if-"

"I will be fine" she insisted.

"Okay, be safe."

"I will" she smiled, blowing him a kiss before she made her way over to the elevator.

"Be safe" Loki whisper shouted to you dramatically.

"I'll be so safe" you whispered shouted back with a smirk.

"Can you two stop?" Thor groaned, glaring at the two of you. "I'm going to kill you."

"But how would that keep us safe?" You questioned, trying to hold back a laugh as Loki grinned.

"See you later everyone" Jane chuckled from the elevator, waving as the doors slid closed.

"You look stressed" Loki commented, glancing up from his book. "Do tell what's wrong brother."

"Jane is going to market that is super!"

Loki glanced to you in confusion.

"The shops" you translated, your husband nodding in thanks before looking back over at his brother.

"And why is that an issue?"

"Because she's by herself!!" Thor replied in a panic, pacing around the room in circles. "What if something happens? What if she's stolen or gets lost or can't find something or-"

"Why are you so worried?" You interjected curiously from where you sitting behind Loki on the edge of the couch, braiding his hair. "She's mortal, she's lived her her whole life and has been to the shops thousands of times. What's worrying you this particular time?"

Thor twisted his fingers nervously, his pacing finally coming to a halt. "I want to propose to her."

"Oh Thor that's so exciting!" You grinned, jumping up to give him a hug. "Congratulations!"

"I'm happy for you brother" Loki smiled. "But that still doesn't explain the sudden stress of her leaving on her own."

"I... I feel very protective of her I suppose?" He answered, sitting in an armchair as he tapped his feet nervously. "It's different to what I feel for Idun, or you and N/n or the rest of the team, I just worry irrationally all the time about all these possible terrible things that could befall her. That sounds stupid."

"It's not stupid" Loki reassured him, closing is book and placing it on the coffee table in front him as you returned to your spot behind him. "I know exactly what you mean."

"Obviously I worried about her before Idun but now that we have a child together it's almost tripled and I don't know why" he sighed, leaning back in frustration. "It's like my whole world has shifted; Not only do I have you two to worry about, but also my partner and the safety of my daughter."

"If it makes you feel better, you don't have to worry about us" you added, Loki nodding in agreement. "We can look after ourselves perfectly well."

"I know you can, but Loki is my little brother and you're his wife, so naturally I worry about you two, you're my family!"

"We're always here to help if you need anything" Loki offered, a small smile on his face.

"Well there is one thing" he began, looking over at you two. "I want to have the perfect proposal for her. Could you help with that?"

"We would love to."

"But what if she says no??" He fretted, going back to pacing around the large room. "I hat is she doesn't even like me that much??"

"Oh Norns" Loki sighed, rolling his eyes as he stood up. "He's overthinking things again. I'll be back darling, I'll talk to him."

He leant down to kiss your forehead softly before moving to put a hand on his brothers shoulder and teleporting the two of them out of the room.

"What on Earth are you doing?" You questioned the trio as they ran back in with a large hacksaw and super glue.

"Solving the dollar issue" Bucky shrugged as Pietro glued the coin to the floor.

"And how is this going to do that?" You mused, watching as Sam drew two lines on it and Bucky lined the saw up with the first one and began dragging the blade back and forth.

"We're cutting the dollar into thirds so we can all have some" Pietro explained. "Duh."

"My apologies for not immediately knowing whatever it is you lot are doing."

"That's okay!" Sam grinned, not noticing your sarcasm.

"Have none of you realised that once you cut that coin up, which will take forever if I might add, that it will no longer be legal tender?"

"What does that mean?"

"That means you can't legally use it. Who in their right mind going to someone pay with a third of a dollar coin?"

The three of the looked at each other in panic before Bucky dropped the saw and they all began pulling on the coin.

"It's not coming off!" Pietro exclaimed.

"Why is there a coin glued to my floor??" Tony demanded as he walked in with Bruce. "Seriously??"

"Idiots" you grinned, laughing to yourself as they continued to fight at the money, all to no avail.

————————————————————————

I'm back in business guys🤞