1| 𝐒𝐘𝐌𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐘

"𝐢'𝐦 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲

"𝐢'𝐦 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲."

•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚༺♥༻˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙

DELANEY CAPULETGUE WAS THE TYPE of a person that everyone thought had the "perfect" life. Her parents are both successful business owners, her brother is a student at Harvard medical, and her family name was known for being the richest out. There was not a day where Lanie would walk down the streets of the city without getting intrusive stares from older middle-aged men or snobby teenagers.

She always had beauty, there was no doubt about that—but there is always a story behind the smile she once used to flash every single day.

Her family wasn't always like this, there was one point in time where everyone actually got along and everything genuinely did seem perfect. However, as time flew by, that's when everything crumbled down to hell.

Lanie would consistently get yelled at by her parents, and with her brother off to college, there was no one she could talk to. The downfalls of being homeschooled are that the only other person she could talk to was her teacher, Mr. Dallas.

With Lanie's parents gone for most of the day, Mr. Dallas was completely blinded by the signs of the verbal and physical abuse that was happening in the household. Lanie was also highly capable of hiding her emotions, which was something she learned to do to try to refrain from getting noticed of her true emotions.

Lanie was currently laying in her bed, blankets covering her head, preventing the summer sunlight from radiating on her face. The sudden sound of her phone ringing, made the grumpy teenager reluctantly throw the covers off of her head to see who was calling her, but that frown was immediately replaced by a small smile when she saw it was her brother calling.

She quickly tapped the green button as her brother appeared on her screen. "Good morning, Lanes! Get your ass out of bed, your tutor should be coming by soon," Tyler said loudly over FaceTime. Lanie let out a dry chuckle as she sat up on her bed and flipped off her brother through the screen, him dramatically feeling fake offense.

"Yeah, yeah, and you should be letting me sleep right now." Despite both siblings having different mothers, that never got in the way of thinking they were partially family. They loved each other dearly and their sibling relationship was as strong as ever.

"Whatever, anyway, did you ever tell mom and dad about going to a real school now?" Lanie's happy demeanor suddenly slumped, not even sure if she should ask her parents with the risk of fearing for her mentality again, but she knew how much her brother wanted her to actually go to a real school.

"Um, no not yet," Lanie mumbled shorty. Tyler seemed to notice the uneasiness in his sister's voice but decided not to pry, assuming that it was just the morning grogginess. Lanie was quick to change the subject, not wanting to think about her parents right now.