11| 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐋𝐈𝐏 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘

"𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝙢𝙚

"𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝙢𝙚."
  •̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚༺♥༻˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙

LANIE WOKE UP BRIGHT AND early in the morning, her entire head throbbing from the mild hangover. Sam and Robby were still asleep, their soft snores filling the room. Getting up gently from the bed, Lanie made sure to not step on Robby as she made her way to the door.

She glanced down at Robby's peaceful state and noticed how his soft locks were gently falling on his cheek, a smile forming on the girl's face. She was admiring how her boyfriend still looked so beautiful when he was asleep. 

Lanie walked out into the living room and saw Johnny cooking breakfast for the teenagers. This wasn't the way Lanie wanted to meet her boyfriend's dad for the first time, but she hoped Johnny wouldn't think of her any differently.

"Good morning, Mr. Lawrence," Lanie said softly, fiddling with the ring on her finger. Johnny turned around and smiled at the girl.

"Moning, Lanie. Please, call me Johnny, and also breakfast should be ready soon, so you can wait here if you'd like." Lanie nodded her head, absentmindedly taking a seat across the counter, but then her eyebrows furrowed at how Johnny knew her name. She didn't remember him.

"How did you know my name?"

Johnny let out a stifled laugh and flipped the slices of ham that was sizzling loudly on the stove before turning his attention to Lanie.

"Last night, while you were still out of it, Robby stayed awake for about another ten minutes literally gushing to me about you and how you changed his life. It was the first time he talked to me in a while and I could tell that you make him happy, Lanie."

Lanie's cheeks were burning, simply imagining the conversation. The fact that Robby was telling his father about his girlfriend and both of them have a strained relationship, made Lanie happy knowing that he was able to talk to his father.

"Did he now? I hope they were all good things," Lanie said, lightening up the mood. The two shared a laugh and Lanie looked behind Johnny's body to see a picture of a boy, in a soccer outfit that read the year '2010.'

"Is that Robby?" Lanie asked, her mouth forming an 'o' shape. Johnny nodded his head and unclipped the picture from the fridge and handed it to Lanie. She laughed as she held the laminated picture in her hands and then whipped out her phone to take a picture of it for potential blackmail references in the future.

Johnny was smiling at the girl, admiring how his son found an amazing girl for himself and he couldn't be any happier that Lanie was the one to be with Robby. He had just met the girl, but the way she changed Robby for the better in such minimal time, made Johnny happy for his son.

"You're a good kid, Lanie. Robby's lucky to have you." Before Lanie could respond, she felt arms wrap around her waist from behind, the hands slowly trailing to the elastic waistband of her pants.