6| 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓

introducing TIMOTHEE CHLAMET as HARRY TAYLOR

  •̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚༺♥༻˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙

LANIE WAS WEARING HER  jeans and blouse, not necessarily the most appropriate attire for a beach club, but she couldn't refuse Daniel's kind offer when he invited her. She also thought it would be nice to go to the beach club with other people besides her parents.

Typically, Lanie would dread the sound of the forbidden place, but since she was going with Sam, Robby, and Daniel, she put on a different mindset, hoping for a happier experience.

Closing Daniel's car door gently,  Lanie looked up and traced every feature of the white building, a shaky breath escaping her lips. Robby noticed her uneasiness and immediately, he got worried for the girl.

"Hey, Lanie, are you okay?" Robby's voice was quiet and soft, his curiosity disguising as his worry. She looked up and met his eyes, and also noticed how he seemed to be fearful of the place as well.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I've been here a few times and they weren't the best memories. But are you okay? You seemed tentative to go in." Lanie searched for any signs of fabrications on his face it was evident that he had a history with the beach club.

"Yeah, I just used to work here. It was just for a summer." Robby gave one last glance of the front of the building before turning to Lanie, a smile forming on his face from her beauty. "Shall we?" Robby held out his arm like a chivalrous gentleman for Lanie to take.

She gladly placed her hand in the crevice of his arm and they walked on their way to the entrance, both of the teenagers having traumatic pasts associated with the beach club.

✧༺♥༻∞

When Sam left to go talk to Aisha, she sneakily gave Lanie a wink, knowing exactly what she was doing by leaving both her and Robby alone.  The air was slightly awkward as Lanie wasn't sure what to say, but luckily, Robby spoke up first, starting a conversation.

"Not that I'm complaining or anything, but I'm curious as to why you are wearing non-summer attire at a beach club." Lanie shuddered at the question, not sure if she wanted to tell Robby about her family now, so she quickly mustered up random words.

"I like summer, but I also don't like to show my body as much." Honestly, this was a lie. Lanie used to adore summer and she looked forward to wearing the pretty swimsuits that would come out seasonally. But ever since the bruises on her body started to become suspiciously visible, Lanie hasn't been able to enjoy clothing like she used to.

"That's totally understandable," Robby agreed with Lanie. He noticed her eyes were trailing down, focusing on something intently and when he followed her eyes, Robby saw that she was staring at his structured abs.