17| 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋

"𝐬𝐡𝐮𝐭 𝐮𝐩, 𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐲

"𝐬𝐡𝐮𝐭 𝐮𝐩, 𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐲."
•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚༺♥༻˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙

THE RARE SMELL OF THE Los Angeles rain that was trickling onto the concrete and the smell of petrichor lingering in the air, made Lanie take in a deep breath of the wonderful earthy smell. The cold splatters of nature that fell through the sky were questionable considering Lanie's ecstatic mood which was the complete opposite to what she was feeling.

Robby was being released from juvie today and Lanie was nothing but a ball filled with sunshine and plastered a blissful smile on her face that was certainly contagious to the people who walked around her.

Lanie locked her car door and wrapped her lanyard around her neck, Lanie fidgeting with the plush keychains below her hand. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion when she saw two tall familiar figures who were then identified as Daniel and Johnny. Walking closer to the men, they both turned their heads and Lanie released an awkward smile, her cheeks heating up.

"Hi Lanie, it's good to see you." Johnny smiled warmly like a sunkissed tan from the beach. Lanie reciprocated the smile brightly and coincidently, a ray of sunlight beamed brightly as it crept through a crack in the cloud near Lanie,  her figure being a literal ray of sunshine.

"Not as good as it is to see you, Johnny." Lanie walked forward and engulfed Johnny in a hug, him hugging her back while Daniel looked between them, confusion evident in his eyes.  

"Since when did you two get so close?" Daniel asked, his eyes moving back and forth between the pair.

"Since the day you never visited her at the hospital." Johnny's voice was laced with sass and Lanie couldn't contain her laugh, earning a small glare from Daniel.

"Hey, I would've visited her, but you had no idea what I had to go through with my own family," Daniel spat back. Lanie shook her head incredulously, already sensing that Johnny and  Daniel were about to bicker back and forth once again.

"Daniel, you have your own family to worry about, I respect that." Lanie smiled sadly, thinking about the thoughts of how she missed her parents dearly, despite the jarring image of her past life being embedded in her head, but her mind kept wandering back to forgiveness.

Daniel and Johnny have been arguing while Lanie stood by, sighing in frustration when she simply just wanted to see Robby. But just as Lanie was about to speak up, the door swung open to reveal Robby, wearing the same shirt and pants as he did the day he was arrested.

The only difference was his shorter hair and Lanie blushed at the new sight of her boyfriend. Sure, she has seen his short hair before, but she hasn't seen him in his regular clothes in months.

"Seriously? I told you, I don't want you here," Robby said directed towards Johnny and Daniel. His demeanor instantly changed at the sight of Lanie, but once he took his gaze off of her and back on the men, the piercing glare became apparent in his eyes.